Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back from a 10 mile ride. Very hot day here in Florida. 84f.
Heard this crackling noise. Sounded like a fire but I am guessing it is water or condensation in exhaust. Any ideas? It stopped after about 5 minutes.

iCloud

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Came back from a 10 mile ride. Very hot day here in Florida. 84f.
Heard this crackling noise. Sounded like a fire but I am guessing it is water or condensation in exhaust. Any ideas? It stopped after about 5 minutes.

iCloud
Yeah, exactly what 'J" said... this used to freak me out when i first got this car...never had the A/C dripping onto the exhaust before.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense. First time I had AC on too. Top was down but was hot. Wish I had AC seats.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Never cared for the cooled seats either, but the heated steering wheel and hot/cold cup holder, love those (y)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I never thought much of heated steering wheels but it came with my BMW and once you had it on a winter morning, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it... and yes, sub 40F or even mid 40F counts as freezing for us in SoCal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Absolutely, the heated steering wheel is wonderful. BMW cooled seats would be great if they actually blew cold air on you and not the 120 degree air trapped in the car or retained in the seats. They take forever to cool down. But the AC dripping on the exhaust is good to know. Now I won't be freaked out this summer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I never thought much of heated steering wheels but it came with my BMW and once you had it on a winter morning, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it... and yes, sub 40F or even mid 40F counts as freezing for us in SoCal.
Haha you guys and your 'cold' make me laugh!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
+ 1 ( AC condensation drip ). And I know that because my AC is on full blast 100 % of the time, all year-round. I like my cabin at meat locker temps, but a point of contention with my wife who does not care for icicles on the windows .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine makes the same noise and I assumed that's what it was. Glad to hear other people are hearing it as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lol you guys are hilarious, but no it wasn't 15 miles......it was 15 kilometers!! Haha
Hold on there, partner. This here is 'Murica and we don't fall for none of that hippie metric stuff so you take your fancy kilo thingamajig back to Scandinavia or wherever.:mad::eek:o_O:unsure::alien::devilish:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ha ha at least the metric system makes sense... but if you like, I can convert that pic of my temperature reading for you from celcius to friggenheit.... :ROFLMAO:
On that note though, -40c is -40f. Yes, it was that cold!!! And once the wind chill was added it was almost at 50 below.:eek:
That only lasted for a week though, then it warmed up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What about a slight "tapping/clink" noise after parking. It's intermittent, no pattern to it and lasts maybe 5mins?
Would that be the brakes cooling? or some other component?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts