Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
The exhaust sounds amazing. Out of curiousity, is that tire noise or wind noise in the second clip? Perhaps the window was down, or do you really hear that much wind noise inside the car?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, the exhaust sounds fabulous!
Is there any system available for the QP?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crotty, the windows where all the way down for full sound effect.
Avant., not sure if there is something for the QP, but one thing I would do would be to check to see if you could replace the mid exhaust pipes with aluminum straight pipes. Shouldn't run for than a few hundred bucks but would enhance the exhaust note nicely.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks STARDOC!
Can someone please point me to the right place and contact to get the aluminium straight pipes done for the 2nd muffler by-pass?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Avantgarde

any good muffler shop should be able to do your mid-pipe replacement

there is nothing tricky or high tech about it.....

I am running a Tubi, and replaced my mid pipes with straight pipes but found the car was WAY TOO loud, very close to a race engine....I added a Smaller glass pack resonator spliced in between the mid straight pipes...

if you are forgoing the Tubi, you should likely have no issues....but even I on the extreme side of things, found the Straight pipe w Tubi way too loud, even almost embarrasing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DEMOE, can you tell me where I can get a glass pack and if I can retro fit it into the exhaust pipes. I absolutely love the sound (and loudness) of my exhaust but I haven't been able to listen to the radio for months...heheh.
Nonetheless, Avantgarde you should be able to go to any trusted muffler shop and shouldn't have to pay more than $300-$500.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Stardoc

If you are interested, I can go back to the place where I bought mine. they aren't pretty to look at, just look like a little Jug. I believe I paid $45 each but that I believe included installation.

they can be retrofited in between the Mid pipes. what I did was add the mid straight pipe and drove the car for a few days and it was way too loud, I went back to the shop and they said this would lower the output by about 20% and were correct. they then cut in between and re-welded the glass packs in.

fwiw, my car sounds incredible......a bit louder than a Tubi only, yet still deep and rummbly.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Demoe,
Its definitely something I need to do before I sell the car. I'll try my local muff. shop first.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Stardoc

I'd be more than happy to pick up a pair for you and send them to you if you have trouble finding some.

they do come in various sizes all which have an effect on the output level of sound......we do have different mufflers, Tubi vs Mille, so, in this case matching our output with my size glass pack with your muffler would probably be different...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
demoe
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing