Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 GT Sport with 15K Miles ( 26K Klm ) on it I need two rear tires already and might need the front brake pads as well. Any suggestions as to tires and pads as I am not real happy with the mileage I received from the org equipment. It has P Zero tires and OEM pads now. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Next issue is that the Shock absorber light comes on for a short time intermittently then goes out. The car has extended factory warranty until next February but the dealer wants me to wait until the light stays longer on so they can diagnose the issue. Any comments?
I am from Canada but wintering down in Mesa AZ with the car now. Pic of Car wife and dog below.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Photograph

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,695 Posts
Fall colors in Arizona? Where are the cacti? Lol. Anyways, very nice pics! (y)

As far as replacing tires, I would replace all 4 with dedicated summer tires (assuming you are not taking it back to Canada). A good choice would be Michelin Pilot 4S.

P Zero's are just "ok" in my opinion but don't have the grip like the Michelin's do.

Keep in mind, however, that summer/ultra-performance tires, regardless of brand, usually don't last more than 10K miles. If this scares you, then a good (and cheaper) alternative might be sport all-season tires. (You will sacrifice some grip for longer durability and better usability in colder weather).

Nothing wrong with replacing OEM pads with OEM's. (There might be cheaper alternatives out there but can't vouch for their quality).

I would recommend that you invest in a good OBD II scanner to see what error codes you are getting.

Also, do some research to find a good, independent mechanic in your area that has experience working on Maserati's. Try to avoid the dealers as they tend to rip you off.

Reactions: nsaness and billyd

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I will take it to the dealer so they have it on file that the issue was before the warranty runs out. The car is never driven in snow but sometimes in rain and sometimes in cold. I will do some more research on tires. I use
https://www.sccarcenter.com/ for my Aston but the Mas is still under Warranty so will prob. use the dealer for any issues that should be covered.

6,037 Posts
Good info thanks. No point in taking it to the dealer then.
Until you actually get the car diagnosed you don't know if it is a shock...It could be a faulty sensor etc...You'll be on the hook for it after February...Jason

Reactions: nsaness

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
157 Posts
Until you actually get the car diagnosed you don't know if it is a shock...It could be a faulty sensor etc...You'll be on the hook for it after February...Jason
Yep...my shock light did the same thing...it was just a RT front wheel accelerometer sensor. $135...replaced it myself. Get a scanner, it will save you $$ in the long run. (y)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm near 101/202 if you wanted to scan your car for that fault code. Mine came on a while back and was a quick replace of the right side acceleration sensor.

Our only real dealer out here is way up in north Scottsdale, but definitely worth going there if you have time left on the warranty.... if you grab pads, you can probably have the tire shop swap out the pads while you replace the tires (seldom are our tire sizes in stock btw and can take up to a few days to ship). If you need any work out here, I highly recommend Highline Car Care in Gilbert (close to Mesa).

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I agree. Don't immediately think it's a shock absorber. As Jason said, it could be a faulty sensorvwhich might be covered under the CPO warranty.

6,037 Posts
Your general OBD tools from Cotsco, Amazon etc..can't read like 95% of the faults in a vehicle...OBD2 scanners are made for check engine lights period...This doesn't cover ABS faults, air bag faults etc.Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts