Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am going to hold off posting all of my cars for sale in the market section until a couple of bugs get worked out, but in the meantime, we have 10 pre-owned Coupes available, and a couple of Quattroportes.

We are offering financing on Coupes starting at $575/month!
(144months, 10% down, applicable taxes\fees, and all that good stuff)

Check out my website for details: http://www.maseratiofminneapolis.com

In case anyone is in the market for a cool non Maserati, we have a 360 spider (titanium, grey, 456 miles, 6sp), a couple Audi RS-6's, 911 Turbo Cab, 911 aero, plus a few more 911's, E-class, CL's, etc.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A private message expressing your displeasure would have sufficed. I have posted these this way in the past and had no complaints. If they are unwelcome I won't post them.

I did let Andrew know about the classifieds bug, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Plus, it isn't as if there isn't precedent for this on the site. What about the performance shop guy that was advertising his wares in the forums? Or the links directly to things for sale on eBay etc.

Maybe you should come visit Minneapolis and experience some "Minnesota Nice".

That said, lets not turn this into a flame war. If anyone else wants to weigh in on whether they would rather I keep these postings out of the forums, I'll keep them out. I'm here to make contacts within the Maserati community, hopefully provide some information and assistance, and to learn more about the cars, and their owners. I have referred many people to the site, and find it to be a fantastic resource.

- Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
I, for one, don't mind the postings. Yes, they are blatant advertising, but as one in the market for a coupe at some point, I like being able to see what is out there, if only for color ideas and prices.

I think if the title of the thread indicates that there are cars posted for sale, as this one did, perhaps that would help non-interested individuals from visiting that thread. Perhaps also limiting any photo postings to Maseratis only would also be a solution.

I don't mind a dealer reaching out to this Forum, especially since a good many of the readers/members are shopping for a car. Responses to these types of postings also generate good discussions, in most of which I learn something. This dealer has also been helpful previously in giving some insight to what dealers can expect from the factory. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd also like to add my $.02's worth.

Maserati of Minneapolis purchased my coupe several months ago. They were extremely easy to deal with, and I feel that I got a very fair price for my car. Having dealt with several other Maserati dealerships when I was in the market to buy (and eventually sell) my car, I can say from personal experience that dealing with Minneapolis was a refreshing experience. Also, this isn't exactly "Joe's Used Car Lot" posting ads here; from what I can tell, this dealership has taken a huge interest in the Maserati brand, is actively buying and selling these beautiful cars, and as evidenced by their prior postings in this forum, they are really interested in growing Maserati. If more dealerships were as active as Minneapolis, then perhaps Maserati would be much better represented in the marketplace. Therefore, I feel they should be applauded for their energy and interest in promoting the brand. (Yes, they're doing it for a profit, but I feel that they're also doing the brand a great service in "going above and beyond" the typical dealership.)

Having parted with my coupe, I love seeing photos of these cars and reading other owners' stories and sagas. If a dealership wants to post tasteful advertisements, I say great! If you don't want to read them, then don't.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Guess posts like these would bug me except for the fact that this guy has been around for some time and contributed to the board with good insight in a non commercial way, so that somehow makes it ok.

Not the same as a one-post spammer.

Now, if someone could just tell me where to find a cheap mortgage or how to score prescription meds... <g>

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i dont mind seeing a bit of commerical from the dealer as long as the board admin allows.

i do have a question totally related to your post and your title:
144 month lease on a coupe??????????????
that's like 12 years....
i don't have a kid but if i have, he/she will be in high school by then.

do you offer free warranty on the coupe for the balance of the factory warranty?

·
Registered
835 Posts
it's all good. however if you wish to use this section for commercial purposes in the future, you must surrender a copy of the CD containing the service manual. DEAL?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm with Bimbo on this I am afraid.

Commercials are everywhere, and I have to say they that they get right on my $£%$ !!. Watches, cars, etc., if you dont say something it is like the tide, it just keeps coming.

I appreciate that things in the States are done slightly differently, but as 'M' says twelve years!!!! 10% down.........you drive off the dealers premises in a negative position and it just progressively gets worse, particularly with a car like the Maserati. I did'nt know you could drive a millstone...............

Here in the UK you will be considered a bit reckless with anything over a three year finance deal.

Toodle Pip !!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Function of a Board

I recently sold my M5 and was a member of the M5 Board. The reason I joined this Board was the same reason I was a member of the M5 Board, to keep informed not only of technical issues and new aftermarket offerings, but of cars for sale. With so few Coupes being made and cross country transport rates quite inexpensive, it is a great resource for locating a car.

Having said that, I do think FS or WTB's belong in their own section but if a board is so new that Bugs are still being worked out, then I have no problem with an off-forum listing. Particularly if the Title is so obvious. The listings should however, be limited to Maserati's only. Go to the other Boards with other listings as there are quite a few more Boards resources for other manufacturers.

Besides, it's cold as hell in MN right now, cars probably aren't moving and he's bored. Industrious but bored.

KCD (I know, I hit the "f" when registering instead of the "c"!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I realize some members here may not like this post but don't blame Mark, blame me. He has been a very good contributor of information (I believe he provided the stereo details for the iPod) and he takes awesome photos!

Blame me, I am the one that rushed to have this new software up and didn't fix the classified section when doing so.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been a member for a while but I haven't posted much here. I spend most of my free time on a ferrari forum. I wanted to say that this member from maserati of minneapolis has been very helpful to me. I sent him a few PM's and he answered all of my questions. He is an informative member of the community that has helped many here. I do not mind him posting pictures of the cars he has available for sale. I agree with the others who say that other makes (non maserati) should not be posted here. But besides that I love to see pictures of as many Maserati's as I can. Hopefully Maserati will introduce some sort of factory based pre-owned warranty on their cars soon too. That should make it a lot easier for you to sell used ones.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
M! said:
i do have a question totally related to your post and your title:
144 month lease on a coupe??????????????
that's like 12 years....
i don't have a kid but if i have, he/she will be in high school by then.

do you offer free warranty on the coupe for the balance of the factory warranty?
Long term leases are actually fairly common on exotic cars. I think it was dupont registry - if you look in the back there are 15-30 year financing offers on Ferrari's.

Don't worry though, I had the same reaction when my sales manager was working it out to post on the website.

The factory warranties transfer with a new owner, so you do get whatever the balance of the factory warranty is on the car when you purchase a pre-owned car. Most manufacturers and aftermarket warranty companies work that way, but there are occasional exceptions, mainly with aftermarket warranties.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To those with kind words: Thank you. Since I am not a sales person, I don't directly benefit from the sale of a car posted on this site. I mainly post these to help, since there are so many different ways these cars can be configured. If someone buys a car from us, fantastic. But in the end, the enthusiast community wins no matter where a new owner buys their car.

To those with concerns - I don't want to offend, and I understand that while I may do things one way, there could easily be other dealers out there that would abuse the boards. I am just as annoyed as you are with blatant obtrusive advertising, and this is why I didnt post a link to every car, or specs, or prices, or anything else. (although I do have a little flash game in the works where if you smash out the windows you get a free car.)

Let's figure something out. I will post my cars in the classifieds section, but I would like to still be able to post things similar to this. I can add "Market - ....." to the beginning of my thread title, and I will keep it tasteful, and limit it to Maseratis only.

Is this a favorable compromise?

- Mark

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mark is a valuable contributor in his own right. He frequently posts things unrelated to sales matters. I also do not mind hearing about cars for sale.

(And once my warranty on the 02 coupe gt is nearly over he will take my car and send the same truck back with a Gallardo or a Modena, right?!)
:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
It might be hard to dig them up. I think a few more recent ones are pretty well guarded, too.
:)

maserati of minneapolis said:
Anything's possible with the right number of dead presidents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
13 Participants
squid
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing