Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all again, It seemd that my passenger side window regulator needs replaced, the spring fell out and was rattling around in the door. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Same here i was driving one night then I heard a big noise from the passenger side window and it was messed up warranty did it for me... I think its super expensive though

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed New Regulator...All by myself.

Hello all, I just completed installing a replacement window regulator for my 04 coupe (the spring failed in the old one and fell out). I would say its a very easy job to do, no problems or difficulties whatsoever. I got a used part once again from "Specialized Italian Recycling", they charged me $150 for the regulator and $75 to overnight the part, the removal took about one hour and the installation about 35 minutes. The dealer wanted $850 just for the part and I can imagine that labor would be at least that much.....If anyone wants any tips if they are trying this themselves let me know, it was a really easy job no special tools needed at all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have an '04 coupe with a right window that rattles or creaks. I see that you took the window apart. Does it rattle? Did it rattle before the spring came loose? Someone mentioned that the rattle involves the window rubbing against the top of the window frame. I think the dealer at first thought it was the door frame lock mechanism. Do you have any words of wisdom?

Jim
Longemadow, MA

'04 coupe (awesome)
'06 BMW 325i (daily driver)
'04 BMW 535i (wife)
'04 BMW 325iX (daughter)
'03 BMW 330i (son)
'92 Volvo 740 wagon (to haul stuff)
'74 XKE Series III Jaguar V12 convertible (Fun)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Window rattle

Hello, Yes my window was rattling alright....In fact it started a long time ago and got progressively worse, i took the vehicle to the dealer while it was under warranty and they claimed to have fixed the problem by tightening a screw, the noise was still there and when I went back now out of warranty they told me I needed a new regulator and that it was not going to be covered because it was not the same problem. I will try to take some pics of the old regulator that all may see what the problem was and what it looks like. Basically my old regulator fell apart.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Next time I take the car into the dealer I will discuss with them this thread. I am still under warranty until July 1, 2008.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts