Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if there is already a thread about this, but im contemplating on getting a coupe, but i cant find a site anywhere that tells you how the new gransport is different from the coupe. is it just the 1" bigger rims and bodykit?

·
Registered
191 Posts
There is a "search" button somewhere on this site.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
When you say the "new grandsport" what are you referring to? the last year the GS was made was a '96.

There are quite a few more differences than you mentioned. I chose the GS for a variety of reasons. My only advice is that if you want a manual transmission, you can not get it on the GS.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
The GS is a very different handling car TBH, although the engine and the mechanicals are essentially the same.

The interiors are much more sporty, which can suit some people but some others prefer the "plusher" Coupe'.

Try 'em both on a test drive and see for yourself :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Don't forget the 10 additional HP, absolutely critical to spinning the tires faster.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say the "new grandsport" what are you referring to? the last year the GS was made was a '96.

There are quite a few more differences than you mentioned. I chose the GS for a variety of reasons. My only advice is that if you want a manual transmission, you can not get it on the GS.
oh oops i mean the new granTURISMO...the car that replaced the coupe in 2007

·
Registered
191 Posts
Um, can I point out that if you can't tell that the GranTurismo is not a Coupe with 19" wheels and a "bodykit" you have no business buying a Maserati?

Also, please start by reading all you can at Maserati's website first. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Um, can I point out that if you can't tell that the GranTurismo is not a Coupe with 19" wheels and a "bodykit" you have no business buying a Maserati?

Also, please start by reading all you can at Maserati's website first. :rolleyes:
+ 1 gagillion

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
The Coupe has a cupholder... Gransport definitely does not.
But the Coupe has been mercifully spared the side skirts... ;-)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

-_- of course you can tell, the question is is it worth paying 20-30k extra just for a wheel thats 1" bigger, and a "bodykit"?

·
Registered
695 Posts
-_- of course you can tell, the question is is it worth paying 20-30k extra just for a wheel thats 1" bigger, and a "bodykit"?
I am agreeing with F.U...I am confused...you have mentioned three different cars:

Maserati Coupe CC
Maserati GranSport
Maserati GranTurismo

Paraphrasing Mr. Rogers: "One thing is not like the others"

The GranSport has a bodykit and 1" bigger wheels (and 10 hp and different seats/console/door panels) based on the Coupe.
The GranTurismo is NOT a replacement for the Coupe/GS. Nor is it based on that platform. Rather, it is basically (simplifying) a two door Quattroporte.

Thus your question/statement does not make any sense, hence the comment to Google the Maser website or Wiki.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Title- coupe vs gransport

edit- oh oops i mean the new granTURISMO...the car that replaced the coupe in 2007

"It has now been replaced by the GranTurismo"-wikipedia

"Now that’s Italian. Maserati has unveiled its new GranTurismo, a larger, more classically styled replacement for the Coupe model"- forbes

anyways you say it has not been replaced fine, my statement was quite clear, i wanted to know the difference between a coupe and granturismo(which i mistakenly named grandsport and later corrected) grandsport has nothing to do with the topic

coupe vs grandturismo, im going to buy one or the other, the other(grandturismo) being newer will cost about 20k more than the coupe. and as far as i can tell its only difference is a minimal increase in horsepower and a more stylish body kit, oh and the 1" bigger rims of course. not worth it IMO if thats the case, 60-80k id rather get a aston.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts