Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whitch is the better choice??? Would you be able to tell the Difference between them?? (behind the wheel)
Three Cars that look almost identical but three completely different Beast!
Which would you choose?
ANYONE??
its time to clear up some myths....

·
Registered
206 Posts
MC Victory is the BEST of them all.

I'm biased, of course :D

But seriously, there is no difference between MCV and GS other than cosmetic although MCV have real sharp turn-in's from steering (it's almost as good as my old E30 M3). I remmeber seeing some posts here stating that MCV has sharper steering response than GS. I didn't drive enough GS to be able to really tell any difference. Maybe others here can clarify on that.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Agree with PKGS, the MC Victory, though not any different mechanically to the GS, is the nicer and more exclusive model.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Oh yeah?

I've never seen an MC but from what is posted here I totally agree with BF.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Forget the Coupe, its old and all the driving problems have been corrected in the GS/MCV.

As mentioned above, the GS and MCV are very similar and the differences are mostly cosmetic. I do know that a recent upgrade via SD3 will bring some additional features to the GS/MCV (faster changes in the Cambiocorsa).

I guess it would depend on the cars you find available, how "used" they are, the price difference and if you like the colors etc.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Whitch is the better choice??? Would you be able to tell the Difference between them?? (behind the wheel)
Three Cars that look almost identical but three completely different Beast!
Which would you choose?
ANYONE??
its time to clear up some myths....
just sit in the MCV's seat (a la MC12, enzo), you are already transported into the best iteration of the giugiaro coupe. the rest of the MCV bits (longer carbon fiber shift paddles), alcantara, add the other excitement.

many will tell you aftermarket parts on the coupe will make it better than the GS.

if you want out of the box with the best look, performance, exclusivity, go with the MCV.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Agreed... although i'm not so sure about the seats.. they may be ok for racing but may not be as comfortable for touring long distances. Anyone with an MCV can tell us his experience?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Agreed... although i'm not so sure about the seats.. they may be ok for racing but may not be as comfortable for touring long distances. Anyone with an MCV can tell us his experience?
Before I got my car I was a little skeptical about those MCV seats since I was going to use this car as my DD. But after spending some time in the car all I can say was WOW! They are extremely comfortable. Even though they're thinly padded, they're more comfortable and give much more support than the ones in my F355. These MCV seats are snug but won't squeeze you like some of those aftermarket (ie Sparco) seats. They give excellent support from your thigh area all the way up to your shoulders. I can feel a good hold on my mid to lower back by these seats. They really cradle you well for those spirited mountain and canyon runs. So bottom line is: MCV seats get 10 out of 10 from me :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ok so in my opinion...

The MCVs are generally still strongly priced, and unless you already know you love Maseratis and want one for the rest of your life you probably should NOT consider an MCV. It is a collector/Maserati Enthusiast model primarily.

The GranSport is fabulous! It is much more luxurious, modern, and more solidly planted on the road than the Coupe. The power delivery is also much more consistant with a GS than with a Coupe (transmission tweaks help out the 2006 model the most IMO). The GS is also much more modern in terms of design, inside and out.

The Coupe is more "raw" but no less elegant than the GS. It feels a little "barebone" when compared to the GS, especially when equipped with aftermarket exhaust (get Tubies). The coupe is a real road warrior, its loud and angry. The HP difference (10) is really not noticable unless your really racing, and is easily acheivable with exhaust etc. It also has more quirks and a more complex driving experience.

And the MCV seats are great.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was looking for an MCV for several months before I found the right one. Remember, only 180 were made in the world and only ~30 were delivered to the US. As far as I know, there is only one advertised for sale right now and that one has a bit of history (search on this site for the VIN to find out more). So, if that one doesn't work you will have to wait and keep an eye out for one coming on the market.

Regarding the seats . . . I think they are by themselves worth any premium you may have to pay over a standard GS. They are amazing looking and surprisingly comfortable. As others have said, the other differences between an MCV and a regular GS are just cosmetic (alacantra, CF front lip, etc.). I like these touches but for me, the seats are really the big difference.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
ok you've got me hooked.. i'll go take a look at an MCV to check out those seats...

can we install them on a GS? :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I was looking for an MCV for several months before I found the right one. Remember, only 180 were made in the world and only ~30 were delivered to the US. As far as I know, there is only one advertised for sale right now and that one has a bit of history (search on this site for the VIN to find out more). So, if that one doesn't work you will have to wait and keep an eye out for one coming on the market.

Regarding the seats . . . I think they are by themselves worth any premium you may have to pay over a standard GS. They are amazing looking and surprisingly comfortable. As others have said, the other differences between an MCV and a regular GS are just cosmetic (alacantra, CF front lip, etc.). I like these touches but for me, the seats are really the big difference.
to keep the record straight, on the number of MCV delivered to the US, i cannot remember off the top of my head how many were imported to the US. it is for sure more than 30.

remember the 90th anniversary spyder was distributed 90 for NA, 90 for the rest of the world for a total of 180 cars.

·
Registered
206 Posts
to keep the record straight, on the number of MCV delivered to the US, i cannot remember off the top of my head how many were imported to the US. it is for sure more than 30.

remember the 90th anniversary spyder was distributed 90 for NA, 90 for the rest of the world for a total of 180 cars.
50 MCV to US I was told.

·
Registered
217 Posts

I stand corrected. For some reason, the number 30 stuck in my head but maybe I was hallucinating. The only number I could find was in this article that states that 47 were planned for the US:

http://www.robbreportcollection.com/Articles/Autos-Other-Vehicles/GTs-Coupes-Convertibles/Collection-Gift-Guide-Sweet-Victory.asp?ht=maserati%20gransport%20mc%20victory%20maserati%20gransport%20mc%20victory%20maserati%20gransport%20mc%20victory

I don't know how many actually made it here.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i think 47 is a more probable number.

i meant to keep track of them, as well as the 90th anniversary spyder in a list.
it's not too difficult to compile a registry for them with colors, options if someone wants to start.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i think 47 is a more probable number.

i meant to keep track of them, as well as the 90th anniversary spyder in a list.
it's not too difficult to compile a registry for them with colors, options if someone wants to start.
That's a good idea. I can start with searching this Forum and perhaps Ferrarichat as well and come up with a list of MCVs. Perhaps the list should include build number, color, location, owner (if on this site). At least this info should be obtainable. Any other ideas?

I'll start a thread on an MCV registry.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Coupe Is A Fine Choice

As a very happy Coupe owner, I have to speak up in favor of the Coupe especially to the comment "Forget the Coupe."

I am ok with the GS but the appeal of the ground effects is subjective. I like the look of the Coupe.

As for performance, I doubt that many could really tell the difference. I do not believe there is any F1 transmission difference at all. If you want a stick, and I do not think the GS is a choice. I think they lowered the GS so maybe it corners better - in the hands of Schumacher.

In summary: Coupe rocks!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
As a very happy Coupe owner, I have to speak up in favor of the Coupe especially to the comment "Forget the Coupe."

I am ok with the GS but the appeal of the ground effects is subjective. I like the look of the Coupe.

As for performance, I doubt that many could really tell the difference. I do not believe there is any F1 transmission difference at all. If you want a stick, and I do not think the GS is a choice. I think they lowered the GS so maybe it corners better - in the hands of Schumacher.

In summary: Coupe rocks!
let's compare the coupe vs gs stock vs stock.
out of the box, i think most of us should be able to tell the GS performs better in many ways. the transmission software is improved and is quicker. not sure if you can flash that into the coupe.

as for the Schumacher comment, i don't think you have seen the maserati promo video on the GS from a few years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27-6L__Ans

you are correct on one point, yes the coupe rocks, certainly more than the GS.

the video shows the coupe for comparison, and no Schumacher is needed.
they already used him for the Spyder promo, so the GS does not need him.

the fact is, the GS is an evolution of the coupe. watch this Top Gear video again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTN89LxRBbM

the coupe is good. the GS is better. the MCV is best.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts