Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded from a Coupe to the the Gransport? I tested both and found the Gransport a bit harsh (suspension & gearing), probably more suited to a weekend car than an everyday car which I need.(?)

How about reliability? I have searched the forum but cannot find too many negative comments, however my neighbour had his (02) Coupe off the road for 6/24 months. He also mentioned the service department claim they 'have them back all the time'. Would the Gransport be a more reliable car being a new design (I'm thinking about the Gearing software).

One last thing, do the new Coupe's blip on change down like the Gransport?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
supposedly, the 02s have had lots of problems, but after that year, reliability has been a lot better.

i've test driven both, and ended up ordering the gransport for a few reasons: 1) to me, it's more exciting and involved driving experience, thanks to suspension, handling, and exhaust, and 2) i personally like the interior and exterior changes that the gransport has.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry, I have to disagree about the 02's. I bought mine second hand and have had it for about 9 months (I use it as a weekend car). Absolutely no issues at all (although I was afraid there might be some, based on the Biturbo issues). The software upgrades for the Cambio gearbox might have helped, I have no idea. Sometimes it seems that it's not the smoothest shifting car in the lower gears, but so what? For the price I paid I'm thrilled! I've driven 04's, and I'm not sure that I could tell much of a difference. I can't speak to the Gransports; I just had to defend my baby's honor!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is a blip

The blip on change down is an increase in rev's, normally done by flicking the throttle but done automatically by the software on the Gransport (and the Cambio). (Sorry for delay in replying, been away.)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like a good case for left foot braking! :shock:

I prefer heel & toe (one side of right foot on brake pedal and other side 'blips' the throttle).

They say there's nothing you can't learn! :roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting, I hadnt condsidered a heal n' toe in a clutchless car. I'll have a play on the way to work tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gearbox Software

I am about to purchase an Oct 02 Coupe. My first Maserati having changed from Porsche. I'm a bit nervous. I am going for the Cambiocorsa and have already read that there are software upgrades for the transmission. Is this so and should I be getting this done before I pick the car up from the Maserati main dealer? All help and advice greatly received.
Mark

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, the dealer should ensure all outstanding campaigns are completed before you pick-up the car - including software updates.

I also urge you to confirm the amount of wear on the clutch. This is not always simple as the diagnostic print-out only tells you the amount of wear since the last adjustment - not the total amount of wear on the clutch. The dealer (if they have full history of the car) should be able to give you an indication.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I always use my left foot for braking. Makes the blip on downshift second nature and it gets me off the line a bit quicker too. It took me a couple months to get the braking smooth since I was used to a clutch and right foot braking but now I wouldn't go back for anything...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
marcw
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing