Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try installing aftermarket seats in their Coupe? I'm assuming the Spyder, CC and GS all have the same floor, so if there's a generic bracket out there it should fit all cars.

I've yet to find one and am working on having a shop make up a set for me (new Recaro Starts are on their way, but they don't have a bracket)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
M! said:
good timing. i was gone for 2 months and since you are bringing up questions about seats, it reminded me of something from 2 months ago:

did you ever get that picture of the MCV / MC12 seats with the OMP logo??

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251&highlight=MC12+OMP

I've spent the last few month really looking into this. The Race car Algar had in their shop was sold before I could get a pic. I think I've figured out the misunderstanding though.

The car at Algar was a Trofeo light race coupe, I was told it had the same seat that was delivered in the MC12. It is...well, kind of. It was not the same delivered in the STREET MC12, but the actual race shell used in the cars that raced in Europe (FIA GT). This is an OMP carbon fiber non-adjustable shell, blue cloth w/sparse padding, Maserati and OMP logo's embroidered onto it. I guess we were actually both right in a way.

Here are some pics I found online:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0312_maserati_trofeo/photo_04.html

http://www.atspeedimages.com/2004_ferrari_challenge_searspoint/maserati_trofeo_daytona/maserati_trofeo_daytona_cockpit.jpg

http://www.atspeedimages.com/2004_ferrari_challenge_searspoint/maserati_trofeo_daytona/maserati_trofeo_daytona_midsection_and_rear.jpg

The MC Victory STREET car uses an adjustable seat and is made by Sparco (couldn't find the name on it but dealer and several other sources have all said Sparco). Carbon shell, leather cover, same model that is in the MC12 STREET car. Only difference is the MC12 comes with a blue seude cover only

Here's the MC Victory seat (Algar's had tan seude seats so I know it comes in other colors):
http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/geneva/112_06geneva_2006_maserati_gransport_mc_photos/photo_03.html

I'm now trying to figure out who made the Ferrari F-40 seat. I actaully have one in my basement I'm turning into an office chair, but there are no manuf. markings on it anywhere. Carbon/kevlar adjustable shell, manual slide, 3 point seat belt system built into the frame. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i think you got confused in the conversation. i dont think we ever talked about the seats in the trofeo. we were talking about the MC12 seats, which are sparco.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M! said:
i think you got confused in the conversation. i dont think we ever talked about the seats in the trofeo. we were talking about the MC12 seats, which are sparco.

it was the dealer who told me the seats in their trofeo were the exact same seats as the MC12. They were in fact the seats out of the MC12 CORSE (OMP), not the MC12 Street car (Sparco).

Here's a quick recap
Spyder/CC: unknown
GS: LEARS
Victory Edition: Sparco
Trofeo: OMP
MC12: Sparco
MC12 CORSE: OMP

BTW, the seats in the GS only have leather faces, the upper and lower side trim as well as the front trim are vinyl (I've got the passenger seat in my living room now). Would wear/tear on this vinyl be covered under warranty (it looks pretty thin and where the seat would rub against the carpet, the vinyl is actually worn through...the car is a 2005)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mille162 said:
it was the dealer who told me the seats in their trofeo were the exact same seats as the MC12. They were in fact the seats out of the MC12 CORSE (OMP), not the MC12 Street car (Sparco).

Here's a quick recap
Spyder/CC: unknown
GS: LEARS
Victory Edition: Sparco
Trofeo: OMP
MC12: Sparco
MC12 CORSE: OMP

BTW, the seats in the GS only have leather faces, the upper and lower side trim as well as the front trim are vinyl (I've got the passenger seat in my living room now). Would wear/tear on this vinyl be covered under warranty (it looks pretty thin and where the seat would rub against the carpet, the vinyl is actually worn through...the car is a 2005)
thanks for the summary, but as much as i hate to reply further on your threads and drag on about arguments on who made the seats, you are still incorrect.

MC12, or MC12 Corse for that matter, uses Sparco Seats.

let's leave it here, and switch topics:

now, i didn't know the GS seats are *vinyl*.
i think this is more interesting news and worth more discussion.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M! said:
thanks for the summary, but as much as i hate to reply further on your threads and drag on about arguments on who made the seats, you are still incorrect.

MC12, or MC12 Corse for that matter, uses Sparco Seats.

let's leave it here, and switch topics:

Isn't there two versions "MC12" which is street legal and the "MC12 Versione Corse" which is the car raced in the FIA GT?

I don't have any friends quite rich enough to have one of them laying around in the garage so I have yet to see one in person and google isn't turning up any pics of the seat, so I'm still inclined to believe what my dealer is telling me:
"The seat in our Trofeo is the exact same seat used in the MC12 Racecars" This was the seat delivered to them from Maserati, has Maserati logo stitched into it and has two very large OMP patches on it.

Remember, this isn't the adjustable/reclining seat found in the street cars, this is the single piece racing shell.

Ferrari uses the OMP shell for their non F1 race cars, the Trofeo uses the OMP shell, why would the MC12 Corse be any different?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vinyl interior

M! said:
So I wonder what else in the car is vinyl? I was under the impression that everything was leather: dash, doors, headliner (I had to pay extra for this), seats, etc....the vinyl on the seat is a damn good match for the leather, and if you didn't see the back of it you would never know.

Since LEARS makes the seats for Maserati, I'm hoping that it's just those sections of the seat and not used throughout the rest of the car. I had thought the trim around the top of the door frame was leather as well as most of the other trim pieces, but now I'm second guessing it...gotta get out the toolbox and start taking things apart to see :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mille162 said:
Isn't there two versions "MC12" which is street legal and the "MC12 Versione Corse" which is the car raced in the FIA GT?

I don't have any friends quite rich enough to have one of them laying around in the garage so I have yet to see one in person and google isn't turning up any pics of the seat, so I'm still inclined to believe what my dealer is telling me:
"The seat in our Trofeo is the exact same seat used in the MC12 Racecars" This was the seat delivered to them from Maserati, has Maserati logo stitched into it and has two very large OMP patches on it.

Remember, this isn't the adjustable/reclining seat found in the street cars, this is the single piece racing shell.

Ferrari uses the OMP shell for their non F1 race cars, the Trofeo uses the OMP shell, why would the MC12 Corse be any different?
as with many things you are quite confused.
There are more than 2 versions.

MC12
MC12 GT1
MC12 Corsa

here are some more sparco seats for the MC12 GT1
both in video, and in picture.

mms://stream1.m6.fr.ipercast.net/m6.fr/b/05/10/06/b051006180359SIRAS9220100.wmv

http://blog.sme.sk/blog/341/50141/pitworks.JPG

lol. i have seen cf shells in blue alcantara with maserati logo and one omp patch, not 2 large ones.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
M! said:
as with many things you are quite confused.
There are more than 2 versions.

MC12
MC12 GT1
MC12 Corsa

here are some more sparco seats for the MC12 GT1
both in video, and in picture.

mms://stream1.m6.fr.ipercast.net/m6.fr/b/05/10/06/b051006180359SIRAS9220100.wmv

http://blog.sme.sk/blog/341/50141/pitworks.JPG

lol. i have seen cf shells in blue alcantara with maserati logo and one omp patch, not 2 large ones.
I don't see any seat's in the picture or the video, not sure what the point was.

The Trofeo seat that I saw in person had the OMP at neck level and at the bottom edge of the seat (infront of where the crotch belt would come through). Again, I was told by the dealer who purchased the Trofeo that the seat it came with (OMP) was the same that came in the MC12 Corsa. I still don't see any reason to think differently.

I can't believe we can't find a pic of it's interior online anywhere, 100's of the same shot of it hitting the apex, but non of the interior!

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I can barely make out a Sparco logo on the MC12 in the "pitworks" photo...but the point here is that on a race rig, drivers have preferences for their contact points (helmets, seats, etc.) that are always being customized.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Dream big! I did get some "quality time" with one at the Maserati factory when no one was looking... ;-)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
mille162 said:
I don't see any seat's in the picture or the video, not sure what the point was.

The Trofeo seat that I saw in person had the OMP at neck level and at the bottom edge of the seat (infront of where the crotch belt would come through). Again, I was told by the dealer who purchased the Trofeo that the seat it came with (OMP) was the same that came in the MC12 Corsa. I still don't see any reason to think differently.

I can't believe we can't find a pic of it's interior online anywhere, 100's of the same shot of it hitting the apex, but non of the interior!
you need your eyes checked. video 00:00:33 - 50

here are a pic for you.
http://www.turbo.fr/cms/upload/docs/image/jpeg/08_2005_10_07__12_27_49_589.jpg

I would like to talk more about *VINYL GS SEATS* =P
tell us more! may be a picture of your worn thru vinyl GS Seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts