Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up a 03 Maserati Coupe and noticed it's got quite a bit of radio static in some areas. Is anyone else out there experiencing this problem? Is there an issue with these cars and radio static or do we have an isolated problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We just picked up a 03 Maserati Coupe and noticed it's got quite a bit of radio static in some areas. Is anyone else out there experiencing this problem? Is there an issue with these cars and radio static or do we have an isolated problem? Thanks.
Absolutely no AM reception on my '05 CC Spyder.
I was told that there is some problem with position of radio and surrounding electronics which causes interference on AM band.
FM, CD's and XM satellite radio are ok.

·
Registered
722 Posts
AM is no problem in my GS. That's with a Becker headend, if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I just tried the AM function and it's terrible. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with. I don't play the radio much and when I do, I'm usually listening to cd's.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
You don't have to live with it. I had zero AM radio reception, and I had \NIT unit (audio/climate/nav controller) replaced under warranty, and this fixed the problem. Reception on any band isn't as good as my other cars, but manageable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Radio

My radio in my o2 Spyder stinks, FM stations are weak and useless. I live in and area where reception in never a problem. Radio trys to seek when ever it can. My AM is about the same or worse. The speaker quality is also very bad. How could a car company like Maserati let crap like this go into there cars. This is what they think of there customers.......John

·
Registered
530 Posts
The radio is crap. Do you have the external rear fender antenna mounted? PO did so on mine. I can't say it makes that much of a difference and probably wouldn't have bothered left to my own devices.

Check your setup and turn off AT/AF (I think that's the setting) and that should cure the seeking problem.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The radio and speakers in my '74 Ferrari Dino are sub par; the radio and speakers in my '02 Maserati GT are sub par - music comes from the engine and exhaust if you drive Italian. (My Maserati's of old had sub par tunes)

My Corvette has a Bose system and the Jag has Harmon Kardon; both systems sound better than the Italians.

If you want cool sounds from a car - look at Lexus, Infinity, BMW, etc.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rear aerial

The radio is crap. Do you have the external rear fender antenna mounted? PO did so on mine. I can't say it makes that much of a difference and probably wouldn't have bothered left to my own devices.

Check your setup and turn off AT/AF (I think that's the setting) and that should cure the seeking problem.
I did the same but mounted the dual radio/phone antenna on the boot lid(trunk). There was a coax cable in the boot which connected straight to the antenna, but would the cable necessarily be connected at the NIT module ?

I'm suspecting that there's a cable that connects the existing aerial (screen or A post located) and this may have to be disconnected and the boot aerial connected in it's place ?

Haven't been bothered to take the arm rest apart yet, but can anyone confirm if I'm right ?

Cheers

CJ

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is a "radio 101" question, but no answer found after searching, so resurrecting an old thread rather than start a new one. How exactly do you get changes to AF/TA settings to save? On our radio, I can change this setting (and also Loc/distant) and it changes while on that channel, but forgets the settings after changing channels. I have several strong stations that constantly go into "seek" for 20 seconds every time I hit that preset and it is very frustrating -- any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The weird thing about AM radio in my '02 Coupe is this; When I drive by powerlines, I get persistent static. If I operate the window, it clears it. Just a bump up or down will do it. I dunno why.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts