Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of struggle, Maser finally warranted the radio system in my coupe. Now that I have the car back, I was playing with the buttons and on hitting the NAV button it asks for the NAV cd. My car didn't come with nav, and this is a different error than before. I am wondering if the new head unit came with nav, and how to be sure, or, do all newer units give this error when pressing the nav key? Where do I get the cd?

·
Registered
518 Posts
the cds can be ordered but are quite expensive...not to mention the navi on the coupes is the worst I have ever dealt with plus most recent cds are from 04 with no new updates on the horizon...can anyone recommend a good burning software I have used IMG_burn to do BMW stuff before

·
Registered
224 Posts
There is someone on eBay selling some Maserati nav CDs (search "Maserati GPS") but the nav in these cars is so bad I don't know if its worth spending the money! Better off just buying a TomTom or Garmin or similar...

Out of curiosity, there are a lot of Navtech discs listed on eBay for other cars... anyone know if they can be used in the Mas?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nav CD's

Search this site their are many threads some from me. If you have a good relationship with your dealer see if they will let you burn the nav disk from their set of Cd's for your area. You may also have to install a nav antenna under the top vent grill of you dash. My dealer charged me around $60.00 pluse the part to install it. Then if you have a green antenna logo on the lower left of your screen you are in business.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
The nav discs for the coupe and spyder can be copied by an ordinary computer with simple cd copying software.
There once was a campaign for improving radio reception, #99. It replaced the nit module, info screen, radio antennas, and all the wiring for the system. The new nit modules that came in the kit all had the nav option. If you wanted the nav system all you had to do was get the gps antenna and nav discs. I'm assuming thats why your car came back and all of a sudden has the nav option.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
How do we know if we have the latest navigator CDs? Anyone knows which one is the latest version?

I've lost my second CD, is there a place i can download it from?

Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts