Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Over the last 10 years, I have been a BMW ('87 //M6 and currently a 1994 850 CSi) and Lotus ('95 Esprit S4s). I love my 850, but an looking for something more contempory (and rare). I have interest in my 850 that will allow me to get into a 04/05 Coupe or Gransport (hopefully). I've been digging through website after website looking for info and haven't found what I need - a buyers guide - what to look for, what questions to ask. What are the differences? What are the production numbers? Where should I look for that information? I'd also love to talk to someone (maybe even in Upstate/Western NY) that has one!

Thanks all,

David
[email protected]
cell 585 233-1775

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
very good taste in cars.
as you can see, with a GREAT car like 850CSi, you know you want the best one you can afford, and you loved it for many years. similarly, you would probably love a GS (or better yet, MCV).
i havent seen any buyers guide on it. it is better not to have one. otherwise many people will flock to get their maserati.
you best bet is to read this site. very helpful information by many helpful owners.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
coupe vs gs, many owners can answer better, and you can find answers previously discussed.

basically the GS is a slightly tuned coupe (engine +10hp, supposedly from the active exhaust) (10mm lowered suspension and supposedly firmer setting) 35% faster transmission gear changes. exterior body trims and different interior, minus the information display. larger wheels.

there are a few owners who switched from the coupe to GS, and i think all of them can tell you what they think.

good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts