Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I refuse to yield! I find the stock headlights basically unsafe, so I'm trying to find an aftermarket bulb upgrade. Problem is, I can't find any fitment information. The stock bulbs in my coupe *seem* to be H4 style, but I can't confirm. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

- Rick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Rick,
I don't know what the low beam bulbs are (mine has Xenon, sorry), but you should be able to find out through the manual or dealer.
With that information, you can probably buy one of the HID conversion kits. There are several aftermarket ones out there. The best use the Philips ballast / control. You should be able to find a good one for around $500. I used to carry them at my store. The Korean knock off ones don't last long. Good luck.
Regards,
Sean

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the HID conversion kits would require some serious wiring harness work, which I'm not ready to take on right now. I was more hoping to go to a whiter 65W bulb and tweak the aim up a bit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you want a whiter / brighter bulb, use the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs.
FWIW, the HID conversions we used to carry were a direct plug in with the original bulb wires plugging into the ballast / control box. I've had one of the kits in my Viper since 2001. Just had to increase the headlight fuse amperage by about 5 amps to cover the inital power draw at startup.
Regards,
Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Sean
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing