Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K...I know that some of you don't so not drive your Maser in the rain. At least, I didn't for the first month that I've owned mine. :confused:

Anyway, it's been raining alot down here and I've been using it more and more because it's just so much fun to drive. And today, I had to get on the interstate and the car handled very well, very stable in everything from a drizzle to a driving rain, both in town and on the interstate. I'm very pleasantly surprised. :)

Was I the only one who avoided the rain in their Maser? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Heck, I've even had it out in the snow (with summer tires, nonetheless).

I will also say that it handles very well in evasive maneuvers - I (idiot) was distracted with my cell phone and nearly rear-ended an SUV, and had to make a high-speed panic lane change under full braking, and the Maserati handled it with aplomb!

·
Registered
329 Posts
No Rain...No Rain....

'02 Maser Coupe GT and other assorted marques in my collection.
None of which have been exposed to inclement weather.

That is what my Saturn's are for ... :D :D :D

·
Registered
191 Posts

There's inclement weather here in Southern California? :cool:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I live near Dallas. It's poured for a month straight. Kept my baby all warm and cozy in the garage and drove my truck. It finally got to me. F-it I need to drive my car! Turn the key and.... You guessed it. click, click, click. DOH! I left my V1 on. Five minutes on the charger and she came back to life. I too am amazed how well the car does on wet roads and fairly deep puddles. Amazing. This morning I tried something in my companys big empty parking lot. I turned off MSP and tried to drive normally (agressive). I slid all over the place. Put it back in MSP and it locked in like it was dry. AMAZING!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I live near Dallas. It's poured for a month straight. Kept my baby all warm and cozy in the garage and drove my truck. It finally got to me. F-it I need to drive my car! Turn the key and.... You guessed it. click, click, click. DOH! I left my V1 on. Five minutes on the charger and she came back to life. I too am amazed how well the car does on wet roads and fairly deep puddles. Amazing. This morning I tried something in my companys big empty parking lot. I turned off MSP and tried to drive normally (agressive). I slid all over the place. Put it back in MSP and it locked in like it was dry. AMAZING!
I agree the MSP is quite amazing. I like to play around with the car in the rain, and you can get the MSP light flashing like a Christmas tree.

·
Registered
240 Posts

finally! you say what your other car is!

I wish I would I see rain. I havent seen rain in 5 months :confused:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree the MSP is quite amazing. I like to play around with the car in the rain, and you can get the MSP light flashing like a Christmas tree.
It is more fun to play in the snow covered big parking lot with MSP off. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts