Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems hard to find? I finally brought it down and over to the right THEN back and it seems to slip in BUT I cannot find 6th gear STRAIGHT BACK FROM 5TH like MOST all other cars I have driven; is it me or is this a little quirky?:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes Yes and Yes....

The box is a bit quirky. First to second and fifth to sixth are a little tricky. It only takes a few miles and you should get used to it. I realized that it is a bit quirky when I let my buddy drive mine a few weeks back. He is a good driver but his first Maser experience.

First to second takes some getting used to and fifth to sixth..... and back from the same takes a little feel.

Third to second is back and to the left, but not too far left or you will grind as you hit the safety for reverse and fifth to sixth is over to the right into sixth.

Glad you are loving your car! WELCOME! Now we need some pics! :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hipe to load some pics soon

need to take some on the digital cam; thnx to all, luv the manual!:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
My 5-6 shift is straight back and "slick as owl poop". No problems at all there. I do have the very notchy 1-2 shift, esp when cold. I'd love to see the procedure for shifter cable adjustment, or know if adjustment is even possible.

·
Registered
329 Posts
After years of ownership I am familiar with the quirky 1-2 shifting. The Maserati shares the same quirk with Ferrari (1-2 shifting). I just got use to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts