Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 gt coupe runs great with 55,000 miles, but i had to replace a headlight at a cost of $2,000. Now the other headlight, while working, looks awful. Can the lens itself be replaced? Also the center of the seatback is shrinking and pulling away from the sides of the seatback, on the drivers side. Has this happened to anyone else? Lastly, the cover of the airbag on the steering wheel is wrinkling. Does anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
409 Posts
No....lens cannot be replaced.....headlight is a sealed unit.....I have an extra headlight depending on the color of your car I would sell cheap...pm me if interested.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The glue on the steering wheel from the heat has lost its bond.....Wheel needs refinished......
My 02 gt coupe runs great with 55,000 miles, but i had to replace a headlight at a cost of $2,000. Now the other headlight, while working, looks awful. Can the lens itself be replaced? Also the center of the seatback is shrinking and pulling away from the sides of the seatback, on the drivers side. Has this happened to anyone else? Lastly, the cover of the airbag on the steering wheel is wrinkling. Does anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
About the headlight, if its Xenon, you need to replace both bulbs at the same time, otherwise they will be out of "sync". The old bulb will produce slightly different color than the new one. When they are both the same "age" then they produce the same color, thus look normal.

Unless of course you are talking about the quality of the glass on the headlight.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I used a lens restoration product. It involved wet sanding and applying a surface sealer. I really took my time and it came out looking great. I was skeptical but eventually just couldn't stand to look at the dingey haze anymore, so gave it a try before replacing. I'm glad I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts