Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I feel I owe you a story... and a really good one at that.

Just recently our dealer brought from Italy 2 pilots from the Master Maserati GT to give us a course on how to drive and know our cars better... the meeting took place at El Jabali Race track in El Salvador.

The dealer took two demo cars, a Quattroporte and a Gransport and they also took the Trofeo, and we had several other cars as well...

...three Quattroporte, two Gransport, my Coupe Cambiocorsa and a half dozen F-430's three of them from El Salvador and the other three drove from Honduras for the weekend event.

We all met at the track at about 9:00 am and lined up the cars before going into a well apointed pitt where the pilots, Alex and Massimo started giving the class by talking about our cars... showing us the correct hand/wheel position, seating position. They also talked about the weight distribution of our cars while accelerating, braking and while going at a steady speed... pretty interesting stuff for those that complain about understeer and/or oversteer

Continues...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My baby was looking at his best with its recently installed rear lip...

We all were given numbers and after taking the course each of us were taken for a couple of laps riding the passenger seat while the pilots drove both demos... the Quattroporte and the Gransport

We then were given a chance to drive the demos with the pilots riding on the passenger seat...

and then gave the cars a rest while most had lunch...

Continues...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say most because some others kept on riding...

After lunch we had what they called "hot laps", this was the instructor driving one of the demos and two of us riding behind them trying to keep the pace...

This was the fun part...!!!

I paid very close attention to all they said during the class and also invited Alex who is the director of the Master Maserati Corsa GT school and also the more agressive pilot of the two for a ride as a passenger while I drove my car. They had marked the course with cones and explained what we should do at each of the cones... for example brake hard at one cone near the end of the straightaway and then they said to release the brake little by little until reaching the begining of the curve and letting the car drift during the curve without any acceleration or braking until we reached the cone at the apex of the curve were we should start giving gas smoothly until we put the wheels straight and last putting the pedal to the metal!!! maaan did this work!!! I was tailing the 430's very close!!!!

...the guy on the red 430 above did not take the pressure and after one lap of me tailing him he moved out of the way to let me go ahead.

Continues...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At one point the silver F-430 made a mistake and almost ends up outside a curve so I eased down on him...

All in all it was a great experience, I can't think of a better momment or of a day I enjoyed my car as much as I did on that day...

The Maserati Master GT is a course that everyone should attend if given the opportunity and we would not hear the words understeer or oversteer anymore. I ended up driving my car around the track faster than I ever had... and the MSP light never turned... meaning I had an excellent grip on the track and that the car was not sliding at all.

Here is a link to a video I made, hope you guys enjoy it!!!

http://www.sporttuned.com/watch.php?v_id=852

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Paco... Awesome pics! I'll bet the day will live in your memories forever!

Buzz: Who did the girls ride with?

Paco: Girls? What girls? I was drivin' man!

;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
WOW! I thought that El Salvador was a poor country

Please can I have the phone number/email of the girls in red in front of the white Trofeo? I'l be your best friend. Well I 'l settle for more close up pictures.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Paco,
Great Thread! Thanks for sharing!

Kev

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Wow, great post, Paco... great narrative & nice pics to go along with it... thanks very much - glad you had a great time!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts