1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corsa Maserati

Memorial Day Weekend: Friday, May 23 - Monday, May 26

Saturday: Trofeo Eldorado Rally Aspen! CO

Entry Fee: $125 per Person (Same as Last Year: Incl. 2 Dinners, 1 Lunch, Awards)

Reserve Your Room by May 1: The Silvertree in Snowmass Hotel: (800) 837 4255

Standard: $89 Deluxe: $109 Slope View: $119 and Up

Also, please confirm reservations with Gary Sisson: (303) 697 1795 -or- [email protected]

I will be there from Tennessee, so you can do it!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Damn. Not going to be able to make it, but I'd love to go - used to live in Aspen (and Snowmass). Beautiful town in the summer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE Members of TMC (The Maserati Club) as well as other Maserati & Sport-Car Enthusiasts here listed:

As indicated before, we hope for a more active during 2008. Our current activities are as below. We hope of course to meet up at casual get together's over the next eight (8) months, so please don't hesitate cooking up an idea for time & place.

We especially hope to see many of you here in April. And don't forget to sign up with me if you have not already done so!
Kai

April: Get-together in Nashville, TN. Dinner and Drive; (we are now 14 for) dinner at FScott's www.fscotts.com (4/11). Visit Lane Motor Museum www.lanemotormuseum.org and do a section on Natchez Trace Parkway (4/12) http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2250/
May: Get-together in Denver & Aspen, CO for dinner and drive + fun rally: (5/23 through 5/26) The Demyanovich & Dyhr's are going. Who else??? See details below!
July: Concourse in Lexington, KY (7/17 through 7/20) www.keenelandconcours.com We are pretty sure about three (3) cars from TN.
Oct.: Euro Auto Festival, Spartanburg, SC (10/17, 10/18 & 10/19) http://www.euroautofestival.com/schedule.aspx We hope also here we are at least three (3) cars from TN.
Oct./Nov.: A "quick drive" in East Tennessee Mountains (near where Dwight Lowie lives, where we will enjoy refreshments) and then: Winterize* your wonderful car and plan for 2009. ( * Whenever you like!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corsa Maserati

Memorial Day Weekend:

Friday, May 23 - Monday, May 26

Saturday: Trofeo Eldorado Rally

Aspen!

Entry Fee: $125 per Person

(Same as Last Year: Incl. 2 Dinners, 1 Lunch, Awards)

Reserve Your Room by May 1:

The Silvertree in Snowmass

Standard: $89

Deluxe: $109

Slope View: $119 and Up

Hotel: (800) 837 4255

Also, please confirm reservations with Gary Sisson:

(303) 697 1795 -or- [email protected]

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Corsa Maserati

Memorial Day Weekend: Friday, May 23 - Monday, May 26

Saturday: Trofeo Eldorado Rally Aspen! CO

Entry Fee: $125 per Person (Same as Last Year: Incl. 2 Dinners, 1 Lunch, Awards)

Reserve Your Room by May 1: The Silvertree in Snowmass Hotel: (800) 837 4255

Standard: $89 Deluxe: $109 Slope View: $119 and Up

Also, please confirm reservations with Gary Sisson: (303) 697 1795 -or- [email protected]

I will be there from Tennessee, so you can do it!!!!!!!! ;)
Two questions:

- Since Corsa = Race - is there any racing or track time?
- Any special tuning or fuel needed to run at 7500+ feet altitude?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you keep your Maserati??? I know you were thinking last fall.....
Still have it, but probably not for much longer. Two and a half years and it has been a rock, but I've put a deposit down on a red GT-R. I should have one of the early cars in Colorado.

I wish I had more garage space to keep them both, but it doesn't look like it will happen. Tried to talk the wife into a bigger house/garage, but no dice. I still love the Maser and it will be tough to let it go.

There was an old episode of Cheers, where Sam Malone inviewed the prospective buyer for his Vette. Starting to sound like a good idea, as I'd like to find a good home for the Maser. It has crossed my mind to show it for sale at the upcoming Automezzi, as that would help guarantee a good home. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Ever think about getting a four post lift? For less than two grand, you can get another car in the garage and have a service lift to boot! And, most importantly, keep the maser.....just a thought. As soon as I get back to the states from a long-term biz trip, I'm ordering mine.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
macadoo...

I had a 68 Camaro SS 327 that I finally found a good owner for... He was all the way down in Atlanta, sent up his covered truck to pick it up.... I sold it a little cheaper than I wanted to, but I know it will be on the road forever...

I like that GT-R myself, but if it was only performance I wanted I think I would rather have the F430 Scuderia... You have probably noticed that Nissan hasn't put the GT-R against it yet, Ferrari has offered up a car, Nissan refuses...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like that GT-R myself, but if it was only performance I wanted I think I would rather have the F430 Scuderia... You have probably noticed that Nissan hasn't put the GT-R against it yet, Ferrari has offered up a car, Nissan refuses...
Where did you hear that from? IMHO, the GT-R would probably give the F430 Scuderia a good run for it's money.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Heard that from a Ferrari factory guy....

He posts through a female friend, mrs baldo, on http://thescuderia.net

According to the numbers, the Scuderia has the same 0 to 60 times and out handles the GTR in the corners as well as better shifting times.... 60 Milliseconds, Top speed is 5 mph higher and a better power to weight ratio...
The Scuderia has 510 hp and 2775 pounds versus 480 hp and 3873 pounds
so it's the Ferrari at 5.44 pounds per horsepower versus the Nissan at 8.06 pounds per horsepower. The Scuderia with with the same caliber of driver will walk away from the GTR without any problems. The GTR has the same power to weight ratio as the Z06 Vette, but not the Scuderia... BTW, the new ZR-1 Corvette will kill the GTR in all aspects.... 3400 pounds, 625hp, which equates to 5.44 pounds per horsepower, same as the Scuderia, which is not a surprise since GM paid Ferrari for all the technology they use in the new vette, that's why GM just bought them out of GM stock for 2 billion to get rid of the technology swap... With the lighter weight, better traction control of the Ferrari, F1 world champion traction control, something Nissan can only dream of, there is just no way.. It's all about power to weight ratio and Ferrari wins hands down. The Nissan is AWD but that won't matter with 600 pounds more to put through a high speed corner, or braking before a corner, just to much inertia and the brakes of the vette and ferrai are superior to the nissan, carbon fiber brakes... On a good track, like Sepang, the F430 Scuderia would make mince meat out of the Nissan after a couple laps...

Derek, I think you might know this guy, he will be in Atlanta this fall....

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186986&highlight=interested

http://www.gatechautoshow.com/

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the idea on the four post lift, but unfortunately my garage is tiny. I hadn't thought it, but Vincenzo's post made me go out and measure. There is just no way to make it work. Good thinking though.

I'm thinking the GT-R might give the Scuderia a run for its money also. We know Nissan underrated the power, since physics doesn't allow 0 to 60 in 3.2 (Motor Trend) with 480 hp. Either way, one must admire what Japanese engineering did with a $70k car (although it is costing me and everyone else more than that due to the dealers).

I'd rather have the 430 and nearly bought a 360 Spider, but believe it or not, I ultimately let my seven year old daughter decide. I took her out to see a red 360 Spider which she loved. But when I explained the weekend drives in the family sports car would disappear, it lost her vote. I'll get another two seat car when my two kids grow up, I have a third and can't fit the family in a coupe anyways, or the wallet gets thick enough to buy another garage to go with the car.

Disclaimer: I am an engineer of Japanese descent.

Sorry for the hijack and still wish I could have made it to Aspen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts