Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased new red stuff pads for '11 QP S and these are what they sent ? Anyone else received the same sets ? Aston Martin and Mercedes ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remembered seeing the Mercedesposted had not notice the Vantage. Thank you for the help,looking forward to my weekend project LOL

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
This is specifically why I go right to Mercedes and buy the factory Brembo pads. $125.00. Done. And, the Mercedes boxed pads come with the extra back plates to eliminate squeal. High performance and silent.

·
Registered
719 Posts
For the front I believe there are just two brake pads type: for the 4 piston and 6 piston calipers , right?

3,469 Posts
Yes, you have a base package with a 4 piston front and 2 piston rear caliper and then the better one is a 6 piston front caliper with a 4 piston rear caliper... Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you install them let us know if they are squeezing. I was afraid to buy reds.
I was worried too but looks like more recent posts are happier with them. Not sure about a 1500 mile bedding in process though !

·
Registered
719 Posts
Also note these pads does NOT include the sensor wear cable (like OEM) so you better check them at every annual service maintenance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Success, and the old wear sensor fit right into the new pads ! So far theres a notable difference from the OEM but only at 100 miles on them. No noises.....yet 🤞

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why didn't you buy yellows?
It seems much better in these two important factors (at least for me) : cold bite and low noise
Everything I've seen the Red are always the recommended series for the QP so I went with the reds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts