Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like how shipping is 195 dollars for a small to medium box. sheesh.

·
Registered
431 Posts
what are your thoughts of this much cheaper option?

just bought this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Equu...ryZ43989QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whilst I dont think it can tell us the clutch wear or reset the parameters for certain parts of the clutch/gearbox software, I think its good to carry around in the car. In case of fault codes and cel lights etc or in the event of car not starting, we can surely use it to reset the fault codes (reset things) so hopefully can start the car and drive home.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Innova OBD tool

just bought this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Equu...ryZ43989QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whilst I dont think it can tell us the clutch wear or reset the parameters for certain parts of the clutch/gearbox software, I think its good to carry around in the car. In case of fault codes and cel lights etc or in the event of car not starting, we can surely use it to reset the fault codes (reset things) so hopefully can start the car and drive home.

What are your thoughts?
Based on recommendation from this forum, I purchased an Innova OBD code reader. It has been very useful and I can echo all the previous endorsements. Keep in mind however, that just knowing the code, doesn't necessarily identify the problem / cause. Further diagnostics may be required, but what I like is knowing what the error code is when the "check engine" light goes on. Allows me to decide if I really need to proceed directly to the dealer as indicated on the dash! And if it is trivial, can just reset it yourself. I figure I have paid for it just by the savings from not having to take my wife's Volvo in to reset engine light when she forgets to tighten gas cap! ;)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is FAR from an OBD reader! This is an exotic version with diagnostic codes that tell you if your clutch has been overheated..... No codes for that on a 150.00 reader ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought one like this for a porsche, it is very cool! the porsche one uses your laptop and can give you actual readings while you are driving the car.

and as mentioned above it reads out way more than the OBDII codes everything form the transmission to the climate control system.
the porsche one is $399 so it is afforable for the DIY guy.

If it could actually cycle the f1 pump and adjust the kiss point that would be fabulous to share. otherwise it is just a get out your wallet warning!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts