Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was backing out of my driveway the other day. On sport mode as usual. I backed out, put the car in neutral, gave her a little rev, and put her in drive. As I started to go off I noticed that my neighbors car alarm was going off. (Pontiac Grand Am). I also remembered that they were on vacation. I got out of my car and took a look around. No one anywere in sight. The exhaust on the Spyder was loud enough to set the alarm off. I imagine their alarm is easily triggered although I rarely hear it.
Thats with no tubi, stock on the anniversary Spyder. I thought it was pretty cool anyway.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I often set off the car alarms of cars parked next to me. Always brings a smile to my face. My Viper is even worse, I would drive through parking garages and set off the alarm on every car that I pass. :)

Eric

·
Registered
357 Posts
My Lotus sets off every alarm as I drive through 3 levels of the Metrorail parking garage. heheheheheh The gal at the pay both always looks shocked. The Maserati hasn't done it yet, though I've never taken it through the parking garage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same experience in my 05 GS. The first time it happened I thought I bumped the truck next to me (alarm going off), but nope. Happened again tonight as I pulled out of my space at work...set off the alarm of the car next to me. You really cannot hear it when the windows are rolled up, but people outside the car tell me that it is really loud and that you can feel the vibration - I guess since I am always in the cockpit, I never get to experience that first hand....and always in sport mode.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Try it in a GS Spyder with the top down. Sport Mode blares a bit from a stop; it makes you realize how anti-social a loud exhaust can be.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nearly daily occurrence for me... have set off a dozen alarms in indoor parking structures before.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Totally off topic

Reading this I was reminded of, years ago my son and I took his .454 Casul revolver to a local firing range. It was full so we shared a lane. After shooting other guns for a while we decided it was time for the Casul. My son loaded a cylinder full of heavy reloads and touched off the 1st one. It lite the place up as if someone had struck a carbon arc and the sound in that enclosed area was incredible even through my hearing protection. Immediately after the shot the whole range became deathly quiet. I looked around and everyone had backed out of their lane to see what was happening.

I suppose the boys with the baddest toys don't mind being noticed. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts