Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Another cool project we finished a few weeks ago! Customer in Houston had stated he called over 20 shops to see if someone could complete this job and they all said they couldn't get it done/ its not possible. So it was game time for us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vehicle:2013 Maserati GT Convertible
Equipment installed:
-Focal Ps165v1 (2 SETS)
-HD900/5 5-Channel JL audio amp
-lots of Hushmatt on doors/rear area to Solidify any rattling and improve Midbass
-9" Alpine Unit from Europe with Apple car play and HDMI
-Front camera/ Rear Camera
-Carbon fiber Wrap accents
-Iphone mount/Hdmi connector to Mirror his phone to the radio.
-Headrest Tv mirroring the alpine unit
-JL Audio 8w3v3 sub with custom enclosure inside the vehicle NOT IN THE TRUNK!
-Relocated the factory Unit
Time frame- 2 weeks

Customer came in and wanted to improve the overall quality of the GT and we both put a game plan together and his concept was to try and make it look like the new Maserati radio so we made it happen! Full 9" radio with gps/back up camera/ front camera/ speaker upgrade/ Sub / Apple car play and much more!The best part in my opinion is he can mirror his phone to the Alpine unit that means Youtube/netflix on the big screen (for the passengers of course )! We also relocated the factory radio to retain all factory settings/features so if he needed to check any settings/maintenances or anything associated with the factory radio he could do so, it also helps from having the miles blink repeadedly on the cluster it happen if you remove the original radio. Relocated his 4 side buttons (sport/ ice etc ). I have many more pictures but I couldn't resize them all but if your interested in more or have any questions let me know!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
I redacted the post because non-sponsor advertising is not allowed. I left it posted because this is actually pretty cool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I redacted the post because non-sponsor advertising is not allowed. I left it posted because this is actually pretty cool.
Hi LCDave, do you have any suggestions as to how I can get in touch with this shop. I live in Dallas and if they are in Houston, I'd like to see if they can update my 2004 Spyder. Thanks, LCR

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I don't know Dave seems like some of this is going a bit out of control. I agree with not running against Sponsorships, but far as I can tell no other Sponsor offers anything like this. Additionally, I've seen another Sponsor, post the name/address of someone they recommended in Florida, who isn't a Sponsor. So if that's the case maybe I can get the info and post it for these guys in Texas.

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with them going after the install because the stuff in the GTs are just dated. Heck you can purchase a Stingray with cameras all the way around the car and have been able to for a few years I think. It's pretty sad for Maserati, but good for these guys doing the install.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I respect the fact that these guys made the GT a bit more technology friendly and applaud their effort with the new head unit but those rear monitors are a bit much and, to my eye, are ugly as hell. IMHO of course...

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
I don't know Dave seems like some of this is going a bit out of control. I agree with not running against Sponsorships, but far as I can tell no other Sponsor offers anything like this. Additionally, I've seen another Sponsor, post the name/address of someone they recommended in Florida, who isn't a Sponsor. So if that's the case maybe I can get the info and post it for these guys in Texas.

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with them going after the install because the stuff in the GTs are just dated. Heck you can purchase a Stingray with cameras all the way around the car and have been able to for a few years I think. It's pretty sad for Maserati, but good for these guys doing the install.
I agree that this is ambitious and impressive. That's why I left the post. Unfortunately the forum rules don't say anything about competition with sponsors. I can however recommend a company in Houston that does this exact work :wink2: Also, if a general member of the forum were to publicly recommend a shop, that isn't non-sponsor advertising. :deal:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for the consideration and understand the rationale. However, it would really be nice to make some upgrades = primarily audio and exhaust! My dealer in Dallas, Park Place Motors, isn't in to any upgrades - just want to sell me a new Maserati. Which, I don't like as much as my old Spyder. I don't know if I'm going with all the available updates (rear camera, etc) but it would be nice to update the audio system. My volume button hasn't worked in years and rather than go to Car Toys or somebody like that, I'd like someone who can keep my 2004 Spyder close to original. Also, after using my daily driver MB GLE 350 SUV with all the safety devices, it's quite a difference in the Spyder -the 18 wheelers sure look big!!! It would be nice to see if any additional safety equipment is available and looks OK on an older model. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Another cool project we finished a few weeks ago! Customer in Houston had stated he called over 20 shops to see if someone could complete this job and they all said they couldn't get it done/ its not possible. So it was game time for us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vehicle:2013 Maserati GT Convertible
Equipment installed:
-Focal Ps165v1 (2 SETS)
-HD900/5 5-Channel JL audio amp
-lots of Hushmatt on doors/rear area to Solidify any rattling and improve Midbass
-9" Alpine Unit from Europe with Apple car play and HDMI
-Front camera/ Rear Camera
-Carbon fiber Wrap accents
-Iphone mount/Hdmi connector to Mirror his phone to the radio.
-Headrest Tv mirroring the alpine unit
-JL Audio 8w3v3 sub with custom enclosure inside the vehicle NOT IN THE TRUNK!
-Relocated the factory Unit
Time frame- 2 weeks

Customer came in and wanted to improve the overall quality of the GT and we both put a game plan together and his concept was to try and make it look like the new Maserati radio so we made it happen! Full 9" radio with gps/back up camera/ front camera/ speaker upgrade/ Sub / Apple car play and much more!The best part in my opinion is he can mirror his phone to the Alpine unit that means Youtube/netflix on the big screen (for the passengers of course )! We also relocated the factory radio to retain all factory settings/features so if he needed to check any settings/maintenances or anything associated with the factory radio he could do so, it also helps from having the miles blink repeadedly on the cluster it happen if you remove the original radio. Relocated his 4 side buttons (sport/ ice etc ). I have many more pictures but I couldn't resize them all but if your interested in more or have any questions let me know!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gustavo, can you call me at 214-707-0576 (Lloyd) about this job, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Gustavo, can you call me at 214-707-0576 (Lloyd) about this job, thanks!
He hasn't logged in since this post. Have you checked your PM recently?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for getting back to you so late I will call you tomorrow Lloyd!

I can recommend a shop that can do this exact work and more!
they are working on a cool project right now too ! 2015 Rolls Royce Wraith full audio and full vehicle wrap!

American Audio Concepts in Houston,tx ask for G. 281-495-3993 or text him 832-449-9858

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanAudioConcepts/?ref=br_rs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Headrest are for the kids so everyone rides in style :p
They are kinda like clip ons so they come off and on in 10 seconds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts