Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I know it sounds like a crazy question but has anyone ever heard if it's possible to convert my 2006 Gransport to Right Hand Drive.

I'm guessing it's not possible because of the f1 transmission but I was thinking of shipping over to my home country of Australia.

Seeing that buying the same car with high mileage there would cost $180,000 i think it might not be so crazy to convert it after all....

·
Registered
43 Posts
All things are possible , and to convert your gransport to righthand is not so difficult , but its down to cost really, depends on dash colour etc etc , best to find a donor car first if at all possible there are a few sources if you know where to look , In the UK ive put all the GS exterior trim on my 4200 and the steering wheel and steering rack, all the bits came off an 06 gransport that had engine flood damage engine was hydrolocked, and the car was written off insurance wise , the interior and dash as far as im aware is still available at eurospares.co.uk ask for James Pumo he'll organise things for you, they reguarly ship to the states and worldwide , all the bits you would need are there still on the car you can see them on there web site under cars breaking i'll try and send you a direct link

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/breaking2.asp?page=60

Hope this helps regards loz

·
Registered
793 Posts
Excellence Magazine, fabulous Porsch e publication, did an article a while back about a Boxter converted to RHD by an experienced shop.

It was a costly night mare that made no sense.

What you need in parts alone will cost a fortune!

Foolish idea.

Why not find one in England and export to Australia?

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2021 Levante Gransport
117 Posts
Look first...

You'll be able to buy a mint low mileage GS for less that you think. eg. there's a fully loaded GS-LE in Christchurch, NZ ( yeah, I know not Oz but the sales tax refund would more than pay for the shipping) for $180,000. 4500km on the clock and they'd probably take 20k off given the current economic climate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts