Maserati Forum banner

Convertible top Help Needed 2015 GT

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  thebrezzzz 
#1 ·
I came home from working out of town for several months to find my back glass coming loose from the fabric. Battery was also dead. I charged the battery and started the car. I opened my top a little bit in order to look at back glass separation. I left the car running while top was partially opened and now the top does not work. I managed to open it all the way and it stowed and locked. It would release and close halfway and stop. I finally manually closed it and locked it with the wrench. Now it will not do anything. When I first start the car, the information reads top is in standby mode however once I select open or close, I get the top unavailable see manual message. The passenger window with the drivers control comes down in increments however works with the passenger switch. I have checked all the fuses on the driver's side, and all are good. I am thinking a relay however I cannot find a location. Any help would be appreciated. I have searched the forum however I have found nothing that helps. LOL I also have a a/c heater blower issue ................... However, love the car. .............................
Thanks' again

#2 ·
I would disconnect the battery for a bit and hook it back up and try that...A DYI guy is not gonna be able to do much a convertible..There is lot going on...The top is controlled by a dedicate module and you would need to try and read fault codes...Start with the battery disconnect...Jason

#3 ·
I tried the battery disconnect and ran a scanner no faults? I am not sure if the passenger window is the issue? I think I did something or burnt something up when I left the top halfway open and car running to charge battery. I live in Savannah and really not any good shops for these cars. The last time I took it to SC for service and a wheel speed fault and I was not happy at all. They wanted 5K to repair the wheel speed issue and I repaired it myself with a 100-dollar part and an hour labor.

I know there are good shops however bad ones as well.

thanks again ...................................

#5 ·
you're 4 hours from Jason.... drive it if possible or ship it to him.... you know it will be done right.
Thanks I may need to do that. I work out of town and have not had a chance to take it anywhere. I have however managed to reattach the glass to the top and change the a/c heater blower motor so now I am down to the top issue. At least its drivable now I found a blower motor for $100 on EBAY works perfect.

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.