Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
329 Posts
awesome interior. I can't have black here in Texas though.....use to but it gets way too hot

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
552 Posts
The interior controls are old school but I prefer it over the multiple touch screens that make you scroll through each control to do it. I like being able to control my temperature while leaving my radio alone.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
The interior controls are old school but I prefer it over the multiple touch screens that make you scroll through each control to do it. I like being able to control my temperature while leaving my radio alone.
seems much safer to. On my Mercedes it’s like scrolling through my computer

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
552 Posts
Exactly. I hate having to scroll through 4 screens to turn on my AC or lower the temperature then having to scroll back to navigation then go CarPlay for music then decide what screen to leave it on while I drive.

Just give me old fashioned buttons that I can feel with easy to read displays next to the buttons so I can concentrate on driving.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
Same here, when it comes to cars I’m technology-adverse . IMO, unnecessary distractions ( multi function touch screens ). But of course the old adage “ to each his own “ applies to this as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Personally I like tech, but touchscreens in cars are a fundamentally dumb idea.

C

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Automakers continue to fill cars with a multitude of unnecessary distractions, they care not about the rise in auto accidents due to distracted driver, It's the all mighty dollar they're after! Pretty soon, you'll be doing laundry as you drive o_O

Reactions: DSGT

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
Fuel gauge, temp. gauge , speedometer , AC , and radio. ( I can’t live without music in my car, and the cabin has to be somewhere between a meat locker and an igloo ) That’s all I need, all else is practically unnecessary. :rolleyes:

And no GPS ; as a man , I refuse to ask for directions and getting them from a screen is just as lame . To me . IMO. YMMV. ;)

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Many many years ago (I guess at the end of the nineties) BMW became officially a software-company. The R&D budget for SW-development became bigger than 50%. Today they are at approx 70%, tendency increasing.

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
552 Posts
Too much software and connectivity scares me. I want to go for a drive to get away, not to be tethered electronically to who knows what.

·
Registered
2014 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
64 Posts
Looks very nice, but I still think I like just a tasteful splash of chrome on the exterior. Nothing too much, mind you, but I always felt the total black out seemed... off, somehow?

Happy that you like it, though. Enjoy!

Reactions: BlackMasi

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Miracles still happen!

The last part could finally be delivered by Maserati (still delivery problems because of Corona, the part needed now eight months to find the way to me :) ), so that I could finish the conversation to the Nerissimo Edition.

Visited my colleague, who fixed the logo precisely in its place on the C-pillar.

I love my Maserati Granturismo, simply a beautiful car!

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,517 Posts
Now all you need to do is to tint your windows to complete the look.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Looks awesome and different. Congrats on getting to the finish line.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yep, this thing will not win a beauty contest. On the other hand more practical then clicking through a stupid designed graphical user interface, twenty clicks and your temperature has still not changed for a half degree...;)
It’s not as far behind as people think. My Lexus had the same thing. Infiniti too, pretty much. Sometimes I wonder if people bashing the electronics in a GranTurismo have ever sat in a Ferrari from the same era 😆

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Darkening the windows is a good idea, I like it and have already thought about that too. But in this step I mainly wanted to rebuild the original Nerissimo Edition. However, eventually a Covid21 project. ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I tried to find those emblems off the part number and couldn't find them, at least not at scuderia. Is it dealer only?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts