Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was driving down the hill towards my house. As I turn the corner I see a mum (mid 30's) and son (approx 7). The kid looks at the car in astonishment and mouths the word "Maserati".

I just had to stick it in 2nd and give it 7000rpm. You can bet the young lad will never forget that moment. It's things like that that convert people to cars, so I reckon we all do it a little more often. We owe it to the small boy within us all :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought my Testarossa In springfield MO and took all two lane county roads on the 6 hour drive back home I came across two kids playing in thier yard and did a similar thing..plus a quick beep on the ferrari airhorn

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yah I get this about once a day. I try to make the kids happy, I know when I was younger and even sometimes today if I run across a rare exotic I'd really like for the driver just to step on it one time.

I was driving down I57 a couple days ago and I see a grandmother (or could of been mother) and her son rolling along. I thought they had looked over at me but I figured,nothing new. Then she cathces up to me and rolls down her window and says..."Are you a basketball player?". I laughed and said "No ma'am". She then told me nice car I waived and dropped to three and stomped it for the yound lad. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
conversion

my 4 year old son regularly sings "my maserati does 185, I lost my license so now I don't drive."

Charlie
05 coupe

Chicago

·
Registered
54 Posts
My First Time

AHH i Remember it like it was yesterday.....I crawled under my fathers bed and found his new 1973 Road&Track Magazine with a Maserati Bora on the cover!! I was hooked.

" I also found a Playboy!!!"

Dr Evil
2006 Maserat GranSport
2003 Ducati ST4s

·
Registered
660 Posts
AHH i Remember it like it was yesterday.....I crawled under my fathers bed and found his new 1973 Road&Track Magazine with a Maserati Bora on the cover!! I was hooked.

" I also found a Playboy!!!"

Dr Evil
2006 Maserat GranSport
2003 Ducati ST4s
C'mon, don't be a cheat... it was the Playboy you were after :D

(guess your hands could not hold the Road&Track mag after you ended with the Playboy...)

Not hooked on the Bora, but rather on 2 other B things :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mammories !!!

I was old enough to know that: " If you drive a Bora you will pick up a Hora"

Armed with one magazine in each hand, I saved my allowence up for 30 years got them both !!

DrEvil
2006 Maserati GranSport
2003 Ducati ST4s

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
HEY - flag that as NWS please!!!
Errmm...you mean...

National Warning Staff
National Waste Strategy (UK)
National Watercolor Society
National Weather Service
Naval Weapons Station
Naval Weather Station/Service
Nevada Watercolor Society
New World Sports <--- :)
New World Symphony
New World Systems Corporation
North Warning System
North West Securities
Northern Wetland Study <--- or maybe this one :rolleyes:
Northstar Watercolor Society
Nose Wheel Steering <--- guess not this one...
Not Work Safe <--- gotcha ;)
Nuclear Weapon State
Nuclear Weapon Storage <--- nope, looks like this one :D

Oh well...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts