Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i've been trying to convince my mother to buy a quattroporte (05) instead of the more commonplace e55/745li/760li/s55, etc.

the only thing holding us back from seriously contemplating this car is the lack of information i have on service costs and reliability. the guy at pasadena maserati didn't really discuss this when i asked him, and i just let the issue be.

do you guys have any insight into how much more it will cost to run a quattroporte instead of, say, an e55?

and how much do clutch disks cost?

haha,
thanks
Charles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rmclachlan said:
Can't comment too much but in the UK all servicing is built into the cost for the first 3 years. Perhaps the same in the US?
actually, the salesperson told me no, there isn't a freebie service contract at all for the car.

too bad. :(

but i think mercedes has discontinued their free scheduled maintenance program too for the 2005 model year.

oh well.

any other input?

thanks

·
Registered
909 Posts
for what its worth

I've worked with our dealership for about 2 years before we picked up Maserati, and I've gotten to drive all of the big body flagship sedans, and from a car lover's perspective, the QP beats all of them hands down. Sure some of them are fast, but they feel big and heavy. The QP has by far the best drivers experience, and looks the best of all of them, in my oppinion. It feels smaller than it is.

There is a line in a hiphop song that I think really sums up the rest of the big body cars, that is not true of the quattroporte.

"...I'm in love with the big body benzes.. it dulls my senses..."
- Jay Z

And wouldn't you rather have a car that you wont see on MTV cribs?

(or does this really just show my age?)

- Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
maserati of minneapolis
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing