Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying a GT. New to Maserati. Currrently drive a 500SL. Closest Maserati dealer is roughly 120 miles away. Should this be an issue?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Just for clarification do you mean a Coupe GT, or a new Gran Turismo?

If you mean Gran Turismo, I doubt 120 miles will be an issue. They've worked on this car for a long time, and I believe they did a good job ironing out any bugs. Keep in mind there are waiting lists for the car now, but very few if any customer cars have been delivered stateside yet. We should have a better idea of any quirks in the near future

·
Registered
793 Posts
---Currrently drive a 500SL. --- Should this be an issue?
What is the issue?

The fact that you are driving a 500SL?

Seriously, after just having driven the car I can say it is impressive, the Gran Turismo that is.

I would opt out of 20" wheels. 19" are more than sufficient and will last much longer due to poor road conditions.

Go drive the car if you can, because it's an education.

The car is beautiful especially with darker colors.

Look at the pictures that Maserati of Minn just posted. It's a stunning car.

It's no 4 seater unless you have small children or midgets in the family!

If the 120 miles is an issue you can always have the vehicle trucked to the dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The SL is a fine car - better than the Maserati in many ways. I've had two SL500s before a 4200.

Maser is a much busier drive - gear ratios are too close together - steering overly sensitive - footwell a bit cramped and build quality a little dubious by comparison. Scuttle shake is very bad on the Spyder next to the SL.

However it's gorgeous to look at, the engine is sublime offering greater performance and aural delight! It's nice to be a bit different (brave?) :) .

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
120 miles is a bit far no matter how reliable your car is...
almost like a day trip to get anything fixed..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts