Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wanted to get some opinions from the board members here on the skyhook option for the Granturismo S. Anyone here driven the granturimso with and without the skyhook option? I really have no idea if its worth while adding as it is quite an expensive option with tax here in Hong Kong. The roads here are quite poor actually, however i have heard there is a comfort setting on the skyhook suspension setup.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the other thing to consider is if you'll be driving in sport mode often to hear the exhaust. if so, the skyhook adjusts to a stiffer setting. so if you are going to be in sport mode often, skyhook is probably not worth it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You'll have to scan through the posts on this board as there is a lot of talk about this. The factory stance is that skyhook is not keeping with the personality of the car and when it was launched to the press for magazine reviews, not one test car had skyhook. Some have said the non-skyhook is too hard if you live in an area with poor road conditions as the norm.

Here is a thread that may help:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5076

·
Registered
107 Posts
when you say considering, does that mean you do not have an order in? is it possible to still get orders in, or are the limited quantity all taken?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a test drive recently in a non-skyhook version and was pleasantly surprised by how it felt - it was a much more comfortable setup than I had anticipated. I have not driven a stock Granturismo so have nothing to compare it to althoughall the articles I have read suggest the 'S' has a firmer setup. There are a number of different modes in which you can drive the 'S' but in the opinion of the salesman (and I agree with him) most drivers will only use Sports manual and non Sports Auto - with skyhook the non-Sports settings will have a softer suspension set-up. I have an 'S' on order with skyhook, if I was ordering again I probably wouldn't bother.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Skyhook does give you more flexibility as to how you want the car to feel but in my experience with the GranSport, I always drive it in sport mode and always use the paddles, so I don't really need skyhook per se.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Agree with BF, in almost a year with my car I've only used the "normal" mode once. Sport mode all the time.

So, if I ordered a GT-S I wouldn't think twice, no skyhook for me. Unless I could switch to the softer suspension only, but keeping the faster shifting and louder exhaust.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i agree that you would want non-skyhook for the GT-S, as it is designed for this car.
however, the roads in HK can be quite crappy. having skyhook will help. btw how much is it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks very much for the replies, i have not put the deposit down just yet as there are a few GT-S coming in to HK that have not been spoken for, however all of these cars are heavily loaded including the skyhook option. Not sure whether to take these onese coming in or order one for around march/april delivery. The skyhook option is US$6,500.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
One consideration to make perhaps, is that if all the cars are heavily loaded, getting one without Skyhook may severely impair its resale value in that market.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
One consideration to make perhaps, is that if all the cars are heavily loaded, getting one without Skyhook may severely impair its resale value in that market.
not sure how many GT-S they are getting in HK. 10? 15?

i think getting the 'right' color will have a better resale than not having skyhook in that market.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not sure how many GT-S they are getting in HK. 10? 15?

i think getting the 'right' color will have a better resale than not having skyhook in that market.
I know there are over 60 GT in HK already, with another 60 more on order. I would imagine to get over 40 GT-S here over the next year, most of which will be ordered in grigio granito.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I know there are over 60 GT in HK already, with another 60 more on order. I would imagine to get over 40 GT-S here over the next year, most of which will be ordered in grigio granito.
the US allocation is 200-300 GT-S.

40 GT-S for HK? they are certainly not too gray about the HSI under 15,000. lol.

where did you get that number from? that does not match up.

btw when you say 'will be ordered', doesn't that defy one of the maserati's philosophy of customization? i would order a GT-S to my specs and likings, not what the dealer feels is a good color or combo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the US allocation is 200-300 GT-S.

40 GT-S for HK? they are certainly not too gray about the HSI under 15,000. lol.

where did you get that number from? that does not match up.

btw when you say 'will be ordered', doesn't that defy one of the maserati's philosophy of customization? i would order a GT-S to my specs and likings, not what the dealer feels is a good color or combo.
Thats what i was told by the dealer. When i asked what colors will be the most popular on the GT-S they said Grigio Granito has been spec for most of the GT-S orders so far.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i doubt you will ever get 40 GT-S for HK in the first year.

in US, they sold about 1000 GT for the year, and they are getting 200-300 GT-S. ie. 20-30%. this percentage is also closely related to QP DS vs AT sales.

if your number is correct, 60 GT for HK in the first year, you will get less than 20 GT-S max.

·
Registered
402 Posts
save yourself some money and buy a Ferrari 360

The GT-S and 360 serve different purposes. I could have saved on a 360, or spent some more on a 430, but these cars do not suit my needs. The GT-S has good niche, and the 430 and 360 do not fill it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.