Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to the forum, I'm considering a 2005 Grand Sport and was wodering about the cars in general are they good cars? They seem to be a bargin what up with the low resale?

Any input would sure be helpful.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Newbie to the forum, I'm considering a 2005 Grand Sport and was wodering about the cars in general are they good cars? They seem to be a bargin what up with the low resale?

Any input would sure be helpful.
No, GranSports are horrible cars... that's why they have poor resale value. Please don't buy one. ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Had a coupe and it doesn't even come close to the gransport (note: not grand sport). It is sensational. I also firmly believe it will remain a desirable car for many years...the last of the "Ferrari-made Maserati sportscars." Maserati has made it clear in a number of car mags that they are looking to make larger more comfortable GT/cruisers to lure away MB AMG customers.
Buy one and enjoy it, hold on to it, take care of it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Couldn't be happier with mine. Rolling on 6K trouble-free miles in 10 months.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bloody Great Car. Nothing evokes the emotion, passion and involuntary smile on the face like driving a GS. Absolute thrill to own! Makes this 45 year old feel like a high school kid again!

I had a Turbo Porsche 996. It was quicker, but did not have the sound or feel of the maser..:D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
most GS owners really LOVE their GS with passion.
something that is hard or cannot be said for too many sports cars out there.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I have had my GS Spyder for 10 months and absolutely love it. It looks great, sounds great and is a blast to drive. I plan on keeping mine for many years to come.

Buy it, you will love it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grand Sport

Thanks for the input, I have a 996 and have been a Porsche guy for many years just wanted to try something different and the Maserati looks very interesting. my major hang up is the closest dealer would be in Denver about 350 miles away. I'll just have to deal with that

·
Registered
530 Posts
FYI I bought mine from Glauser MB in Denver and it was serviced by FMOD. They were very helpful in providing service records from previous owner (with name redacted of course), and looking at the paperwork their prices and service recommendations seemed reasonable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts