Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to dinner here in Atlanta Saturday night; pull up in my '04 6 speed manual; NOT A CC....the valet guys says" may I compliment you on the only manual I have seen in any exotic in a long time;" goes on to tell me how he and the guys see all the new Ferrari's, BMW, etc with paddle shift....thought it was quite amusing.....my wife of course did not get it! dogdoc

·
Registered
236 Posts
Given the choice I would take a manual every time but sadly the choice is being taken away from us. Would love to have a manual in the new GT but sadly is not an option and am still waiting to test the new GT-S to see how it works before putting in an order. To tide me over for the next year though I have just agreed to buy a QP Sport GT-S, the auto box in which really impressed me - not perfect but much better resolved than the Duo Select.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Went to dinner here in Atlanta Saturday night; pull up in my '04 6 speed manual; NOT A CC....the valet guys says" may I compliment you on the only manual I have seen in any exotic in a long time;" goes on to tell me how he and the guys see all the new Ferrari's, BMW, etc with paddle shift....thought it was quite amusing.....my wife of course did not get it! dogdoc
Doc, I see it all the time with my GT.
A three pedal car stands out in a crowd.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Doc, I see it all the time with my GT.
A three pedal car stands out in a crowd.
I'm glad I went with the 6 speed manual too! I love it! My wife and I drove it into work today (one of the first nice days we've had in Seattle in awhile!!!)

Next year I'm going to replace it with with an '06 or '07 Quattroporte and sadly, the CC is my only choice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm tempted to stick with just the Maserati models that have a manual just because it seems more fun to drive. Not faster but more involving.

Last weekend I saw a F430 Spider with an open gate 6 speed, I took a picture just because I'm sure there are very few so equipped.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have my 05 Spyder GT for appx 6 weeks. Feel like a kid again driving clutch.
My opinion, the only way to go too!!

Black/ cuoio

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
That's all very nice but did he say about your carpets?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I drove the CC before buying, but I couldn't get over the fact that I was missing something.

I love my GT.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Men from the boys....

Don't let Kimi, Felipe or Michael hear that... They only have the CC...

; - )

·
Registered
211 Posts
I envy those with a manual

I was just getting used to the CC, but then drove a new M3 and re fell in love with the three pedal scheme! Wish the spyders came with a manual :rolleyes:

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Love my Spyder

Spyders were available as a 3 pedal car :confused:
Yep and I had to hunt for quite a while before finding mine. It may not shift as fast as a CC but I practice and it's pretty damned quick. Plus I can put it directly into whatever gear I want. So if I burn out in 1st and 2nd and then look at the speedometer - well I can immediately shift into 6th skipping gears 3, 4, and 5.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts