Maserati Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Could be used for a modern Grey Poupon ad.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Looking at this Bentley, the color is stunning, what do you guys think? :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Gotta be honest. Never been impressed by vehicles that weigh more than a large SUV. Won't lose that with your shopping bags in hand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gotta be honest. Never been impressed by vehicles that weigh more than a large SUV. Won't lose that with your shopping bags in hand.
Lol, I have never seen someone decide on a car based on the weight of a car...I guess we all have our thing....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
All of the above answers come from non Lotus owners. Or in another way of looking at it, no one races or drives on a track. Weight is the #1 thing to shed on ANY track car or any car that you want to improve the performance of. It is the sole weakness of a GTS at 4180 lbs. At 3500lbs it would be like adding ~70HP (520Hp eq). It would be an extraordinary track car!!!! 100lbs =10HP. Therefore 1000lbs = 100HP! Their is a reason pre and post race weight checks are the most important test done in any racing series. CHEATING!! Ever wonder why F1 cars pick up as much clack as possible at the end of a race???
See my sig. Even the RRS is light curently compared to a lot of other 5000++lb porkers. Also a reason my 3.0SC will run with a big heavy V8!

·
Registered
18 Posts
All of the above answers come from non Lotus owners. Or in another way of looking at it, no one races or drives on a track. Weight is the #1 thing to shed on ANY track car or any car that you want to improve the performance of. It is the sole weakness of a GTS at 4180 lbs. At 3500lbs it would be like adding ~70HP (520Hp eq). It would be an extraordinary track car!!!! 100lbs =10HP. Therefore 1000lbs = 100HP! Their is a reason pre and post race weight checks are the most important test done in any racing series. CHEATING!! Ever wonder why F1 cars pick up as much clack as possible at the end of a race???
See my sig. Even the RRS is light curently compared to a lot of other 5000++lb porkers. Also a reason my 3.0SC will run with a big heavy V8!
That makes sense for someone who races cars! Thank you for sharing, very cool to know! :)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Be careful with Continental GT's. A good friend of mine had such an elephant, a Bentley Conti GT V8tt, until the time of a fatal engine failure a few months ago. Because nobody was willing to be accommodating (the damage happened shortly after the warranty expired) he said goodbye to this brand forever.

I personally would never buy this car, clumsy appearance, sluggish driving behavior and in the end just a bunch of average VW technology which is in this case way too expensive.

You ask about the color? Terrible this blue.

I hope I wasn't too harsh with my statements. But if anyone asks... ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
BTW At ~4700 lbs, the Levante is ~up to 600lbs lighter than the Bentley~!!!! Or another way of putting it, the Bentley weighs as much as a well appointed Ford F150!! friggin huge!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts