Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me that some comparisons are in order. I'd love to know what folks that have had various Range Rover Sport models think of the Levante in comparison. I consider the full sized Range Rover too big but maybe some have feelings there as well.
I guess X5's and GLE's belong in the mix also but I have NO further interests in what has become all too common in our area. Prices on the other Uber SUV's are far north of Levante so unless comparing to a Trofeo not really fair. Trying to get some positive stuff going on this forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seems to me that some comparisons are in order. I'd love to know what folks that have had various Range Rover Sport models think of the Levante in comparison. I consider the full sized Range Rover too big but maybe some have feelings there as well.
I guess X5's and GLE's belong in the mix also but I have NO further interests in what has become all too common in our area. Prices on the other Uber SUV's are far north of Levante so unless comparing to a Trofeo not really fair. Trying to get some positive stuff going on this forum.
Great thread starter. I cannot contribute as this is my first luxury car. I can say that even though I am a mom, it does not look like a mom SUV! My teenage girls are not embarrassed to be seen being dropped off and picked up in this one!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Stacey. I drive on nasty frostheaved roads all winter in Maine. My X5's, to their credit, absorbed much more impact harshness than my RRS does. The RRS has air suspension and at this price point there is no excuse not to be able to adjust the suspension somewhat. That is one of the things that truly impressed me on my extended test drives in the Levante. The firm, yet absorbtive ride quality. My Stelvio has the same way of riding but on an obviously smaller scale. I truly love my RRS except for the harsh back road ride and the laggy gas pedal.
Meridian sound is AMAZING!

3,981 Posts
I have to be honest with you,,We haven't had one in yet....That being said I really like how the newer cars are built ...The newer cars have turned out to be pretty darn reliable....I wish they would break more... :p Jason

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have researched the Levante extensively. Personally, I think the Levante S is the sweetheart of the lineup and on my next vehicle short list. Why bother with the detuned version???

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have to be honest with you,,We haven't had one in yet....That being said I really like how the newer cars are built ...The newer cars have turned out to be pretty darn reliable....I wish they would break more... :p Jason
thx- I found a 17 S with less than 10K on the dial 98K msrp for $53,000 (2.5 years left on factory warranty)
they are a nice buy used:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOOD JOB!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
thx- I found a 17 S with less than 10K on the dial 98K msrp for $53,000 (2.5 years left on factory warranty)
they are a nice buy used:)
That is great! We tried going that route. Long story: brought my Nissan Pathfinder in for a check up at Nissan Dealership before the extended warranty expires. Traded Pathfinder in and walked out with a 2018 S w 12K for $50K. Deal was contingent upon making sure the original warranty was valid and that we could extend warranty through Maserati.

DH brought the car to Maserati the next day. We had to then bring it back a few weeks later and it was there for a month! They gave me a Lexus SUV loaner. It turned out that they could not find a record of an oil change done during the first year or before 10K. The warranty was then voided. We lost some $ but Maserati worked with us and negotiated a new one. We now have the base model but the Granlusso version. It will be a year in June that we have this model and I already have a reminder set to call in May to schedule an oil change. Besides the $, the only regret I had was the color. The S model was in Black with the brown interior and this one is in the silver color with black interior. Although, I do not need to go to the car wash as often with this color.

Moral of the story, I should have done more research before committing to that first used one. In my defense, I take care of both my parents and one was in a rehab and one was in the hospital. I was meeting DH at Nissan and was late due to running into both places after work. He thought w the other head once he saw it. I was good w the Pathfinder as I had no payments for years and it was roomy for the family. But, due to my situation with my parents, I was worn out and was not ready and able to research.

If you are still reading, here is the funny ending regarding my Pathfinder: DH is friend's with the manager and the transmission blew on it a week after they had it and my extended warranty was expired by then. So, things do happen for a reason but how we got here was on a road w lots of bumps and twists and turns in it.

Back to topic, I would have looked at a RR. Although, I do not have any regrets except that it is on the smaller side if used as a family car, which we take my husband's Expedition when we need to pile in. My friend has the X3, the sportier version (sorry not sure the exact name) and it feels a little roomier inside but the Maserati is def more of a head turner even though she drives in the loudest mode!

Comparing the S to the base, DH feels the difference if you are accelerating hard on the take off. The S seemed to glide and this one seems that there is a slight lag or hesitation while accelerating quickly. Since we are not race car drivers, it is not an issue.

GL with your decision!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DH? Glad you are enjoying it. Economy has moved this decision down the road a few years unforunately. The RRS has only 46K on it, at least 2 more seasons worth of rubber, brakes etc all around. Interior is 99% mint. Unless someone wants to give me 40K for my RRS and 40% off a new one....gonna wait.
BTW got my new GTS for 46% off hehe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
DH, term for "Dear Husband"

That is great, I should have taken you with me instead. I am going to make this one last as long as possible, too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting if anyone has driven a Lincoln Aviator. Looks very impressive.

3,981 Posts
They look very nice, but I'm always worried about the interior quality of any Ford product...They just can't seem to make switches etc.that don't fall apart or feel cheap...Jason

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only had a used MKC for about a year before I got my Stelvio....but I was pleasantly surprised. Seats were very nice leather. Center console was a bit cheesy no doubt but car drove very well. Motor had stealty grunt (2.3l Ecoboost). For its size the ride quality was downright EXCELLENT. Up to 8/10ths, handling was quite usable.
Totally different animal than the Stelvio, but I had a 164 for almost 10yrs and truly loved it. One ride in a Stelvio and I was hooked!!!!

·
Read Only
83 Posts
I have researched the Levante extensively. Personally, I think the Levante S is the sweetheart of the lineup and on my next vehicle short list. Why bother with the detuned version???
I am really interested in also seeing how others enjoy the Levante and what their thoughts are. I really want a Maserati SUV in addition to my Ghibli, but recently think I am going to go for a Bentley. We shall see. Great post.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I only had a used MKC for about a year before I got my Stelvio....but I was pleasantly surprised. Seats were very nice leather. Center console was a bit cheesy no doubt but car drove very well. Motor had stealty grunt (2.3l Ecoboost). For its size the ride quality was downright EXCELLENT. Up to 8/10ths, handling was quite usable.
Totally different animal than the Stelvio, but I had a 164 for almost 10yrs and truly loved it. One ride in a Stelvio and I was hooked!!!!
bought the wife the levante S she loves it! (prior was ML63)
i'm thinking of moving off my dd
2013 panamera turbo and getting a 2018 stelvio quadrifoglio
can pretty much make a straight trade
which model stelio do you have?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bought the wife the levante S she loves it! (prior was ML63)
i'm thinking of moving off my dd
2013 panamera turbo and getting a 2018 stelvio quadrifoglio
can pretty much make a straight trade
which model stelio do you have?
I have a 2018 Ti Sport with Phase 2 Eurocompulsion tune, so I am at 390HP/443ft-lbs Tq. Also have Quad wheels/tires thanks to a ridiculously good deal I found on Ebay last year. Guys are in the ~4.8sec zone with this. Plenty fast for winter! Quad is one of the most amazing vehicles of all time IMHO.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts