Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
For starters... the only one in there that is MAYBE in Maserati's class is maybe the 911.

Maserati is an exotic.

Mercedes, BMW and especially the Vette is so extremely common.

They are great cars, but not in the class of Maserati.

At the same time, I don't portend that a Maserati is in the class of a Lambourgini.

In my opinion... the high end luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW and Lexus) are in one class. Then a low-end exotic class (Maserati, Porshe and maybe even Lotus.) Then the high-end exotic class (Lambourgini, Maybach and Ferarri).

But as far as what I have?

I have the Lexus SC430 which is just an incredible driving machine.

I actually prefer it over my Maserati in every catagory except actual performance-horsepower and prestige.

I actually think the Lexus SC430 actually looks better than my Coupe.

But then again... even the Pontiac Stolice gives most cars a run for their money looks wise.

Gene

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had three of the cars listed, My take.....

The vette (Z0-6) is a rocket, does it all, Feels bigger then it is. By far the best used car value. 1st time you take it in for service you will know loud and clear its just a Chevy. Bad servise.
AMG (E55) Solid, fast, very good car. Looks will put you to sleep. You will never turn a head in this car. The porsche, had a 996 and 997, Rock solid, Quick till 60 then doesn't feel like it pulls that hard ( I didn't have the "S" model.) A dime a dozen, The middle age dream car, Maserati, Now I'm only speaking of mind 2004 coupe. Only car I ever had that moved family to drive 65 miles ( My dad is 80 ) from his house to mine to see and drive it .I thought he drove up to see the kids, He said "Sure after I drive the car" Of all the cars listed this is the only car that the valet made room to park in the front of a place I go to eat for the last 10 years. Down side. Clutch F1 pump issues

·
Registered
338 Posts
SD...

I agree.

The Maserati turns heads.

It's the perfect balance between looks, power and prestige.

It is NOT the best looking car on the road (Lambourgini.)

Or the most powerful. (Ferarri???)

Or the most prestige (Rolls)

But the car is in a class by itself.

At least in it's class.

I've seen TONS of Porshe.

The Porshe Boxster watered it down big time.

Similar to the Lotus Elise - which is a nice car but much like the Boxster.

For most of the general upper class Americans...

The Maserati is about "where you can be" without living in a mansion.

I have a nice house... but if I got a Lambourgini - I would be like the guy that owns a Corvette and lives in a trailer park.

For what it's worth, Maserati is perfect balance and the peak when it comes to the ultimate car.

Gene

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Just a thought, what people think.

GS vs new M3

GS vs new 911

GS vs CLK63 AMG

GS vs a base 'Vette

Performance, looks etc.
just a thought, what i think...

the GS was made for MY 2005 and 2006. how is it rival to new 2008 M3 and 911 (or the 2009 911 with PDK)? seems unfair to compare to cars 3, 4 years newer (and more advanced, such as the availability of dual clutch tranny).

fairer comparison would be cars of the same years.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But as far as what I have?

I have the Lexus SC430 which is just an incredible driving machine.

I actually prefer it over my Maserati in every catagory except actual performance-horsepower and prestige.

I actually think the Lexus SC430 actually looks better than my Coupe.

But then again... even the Pontiac Stolice gives most cars a run for their money looks wise.

Gene

No offence dude... but the SC430 is terrible. Plain terrible. A car for SoCal trophy wives or Rich Daddy's little princess. Incredible driving machine???? I guess you think that a Grand Marquis is a pretty good driver's tool.

Again, no offence... but general view in the SC is pretty unanimous.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Russian...

No offense taken about the SC430 comment.

But that car has zero problems in 80,000 miles.

With the top down you could have a normal conversation with at 75 mph. That's how good the aero is. Other cars you are totally wind blown.

Gene

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am another Maser-Lexus-Ferrari owner. Lexus makes great appliances, they're the go-to car for daily work when the radio is more important than the driving.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I have to be honest: I am a little stupid (at least that's what the wife says!). But I never considered any other cars when choosing which car to buy for my good self :D

Wife mentioned we should check Porsche or BMWs and I simply told her I wasn't interested.

So, the GS had to be the one :)

·
5,887 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.