Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to order my Gran Turismo this week. Not having owned a Maser before, any suggestions for color combinations, external and interior? Most magazine photos show a red interior. Has anyone got that/seen it in their QPs? Does it look nice?
Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
Do you seriously like the GT that much? none metallic red or yellow

·
Registered
660 Posts
First, I would go into the car configurator @ Maserati's web page. Look at what's available, and peruse through combos (exterior/interior).

In the end, you should buy the car for yourself rather than for future (potential) resale value. Choose what makes you happy. Lots of combos to go for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well i would go with the color scheme that Maserati have in the released photos. Silver with red interior is very classy in my opinion. However i think its an acquired taste. I would also look at the grigio alfieri exterio paint because it really stands out. My father's GS is grigio alfieri with full red leather interior. It really is stunning.

·
Registered
237 Posts
the blue is stunning. there are a number of photos on the internet. avoid the boring black, i bet it masks the lines.
grigio touring on cuio is also outstanding. I have a bianco fuju GS and I'd bet thta would be nice on the GT too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Color Combo

I ordered the Gran Turismo last weekend. Argento Luna with red interior. I know that may be a little contrasting, but I really like the light metallic blue of Argento and love the red "rosso" leather.
Can't wait till October.
Bruce

·
Registered
431 Posts
BLACK with cream or grigio nuvolari with bordeaux. You should choose the colour that makes you happy and that you can live with. black cars in Europe keep their value a lot more than white which is a big no no this side of the pond.
Buy black so that I can buy it from you after it depreciates! Good luck!!;)

Dont forget the RED/Yellow calipers!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
most of the mentioned colors are great. definitely pick what you like. you will drive it (everyday!).

don't buy a resale triple black please.

if anything, if you see a color combination that you like on the QP, you will like it on the GT.

I ordered the Gran Turismo last weekend. Argento Luna with red interior. I know that may be a little contrasting, but I really like the light metallic blue of Argento and love the red "rosso" leather.
Can't wait till October.
Bruce
congrats. you are correct.. i wonder how it will turn out. argento luna has more blue/green and with a red interior, will definitely be too contrasting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I ordered a QP in late 2004 and there were nearly none in the U.S. to look at. I made my best guesses based on color chips and Internet photos. I became overwhelmed by the design decisions and the inability to see hardly any in person, so my wife and I built a quick vacation around going to the factory in Modena to see more.

We were able to see many, many combinations there. The shocking thing was that when I saw the colors and combinatiions in person my choices changed dramatically. I ended up ordering the Burgundy (Bordeaux Pontevecchio) with burgandy and creme interior and burgundy stitching (which a year later became the Neiman Marcus colors). But I never would have picked this color from the Internet or chips; just looked like a dull red.

I think M!'s advice is good. Look at all the QP combos you can to help with your decision. And remember, they will paint the thing any color you can show them on a chip for an extra $6K (or at least that was their program a couple years ago).

I've seen the new GT in person and, to my eye at least, it is absoultely stunning! Enjoy the process and the car!

Ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know if the red interior shown in the GT pictures is called Rosso Corallo in Maser lingo? Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
hmm.. Corolla red ??
Naaahhh, Rosso Coraggio (you have to be brave to go for that hide...) :D

Anyway, each one to his taste!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts