Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I’m have a major issue with start up, I have an error code P1014 I have never come across this code and I can’t find it anywhere . I did have an air leek in the inlet manifold. So I bought a new set. That sound has disappeared I also fitted two oxygen sensors( drivers side Uk). I think 1 and 2 coil packs are faulty when I did the test so I ordered a replacement, however instead of 1&2 I have 3 and 4 . coils.. the question is what is the difference between them.. do they fire differently ?? I also have a strong egg smell with rough idle .. any help would be appreciated

5,011 Posts
Is this a wet sump or dry sump car? The sulfur smell is the catalytic loading up with fuel because the car is misfiring...You need to fix the misfire and not continue to run it like that...Jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jason. It’s dry sump, I haven’t driven it anywhere, it’s another problem I’ve had to deal with. Are both coil packs part numbers ( front & back ) work the same, are they any difference between them?

5,011 Posts
No, but the fly lead where they plug in the connector maybe shorter...Other than that they are the same...Jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that’s great to know .. I was worried they would have worked differently. So, I have replaced Mas flow sensor, spark plugs working correctly, coils replaced one bad one. Replaced two, oxygen sensor bank (B) where 8 cylinder sits. Replaced all gaskets for inlet Manifold . Air leek now gone. Bank (A) rocker cover timing sensor.. that was faulty too. I will now test injectors.. Jason have you come across OBD code P1014? Do you know what it is ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I’ve also replace oil breathing pip, and air pipe that has that cone shaped that sit next the oil breathing pipe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update egg smell has now gone, and is starting to almost work as normal.. still hunting at Idle, I think it might be fuel pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts