Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Engine Control - go to dealer" light came on on my 05 QP with about 75K miles on the clock. It went off after a couple days and has not come back on after a couple weeks. I've watched for signs of problems including engine temp variation. Engine temp has not fluctuated at all. No signs of problems of any kind.

I took the car to the dealer for some other work and he pulled the codes and reports I need a new Thermostat and OBD pump for a total of about $1500. The OBD pump is for the fuel evaporative System.

How does this sound to you all . . . ? Any thoughts, experiences or advice?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ken:

WOW! 75,000 miles on your Quattroporte! Fantastic! I guess that shows that these cars really are work horses! Congrats!

I know the Coupes also use an OBD pump for the fuel vapor recovery too. A quick check at Eurospares shows that pump is about $215.00 US. I would think you could change that pump yourself. Not sure how difficult it is to remove from a Quattroporte, but looks very easy on my GT Coupe. Part number is: 202968.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken:

WOW! 75,000 miles on your Quattroporte! Fantastic! I guess that shows that these cars really are work horses! Congrats!

I know the Coupes also use an OBD pump for the fuel vapor recovery too. A quick check at Eurospares shows that pump is about $215.00 US. I would think you could change that pump yourself. Not sure how difficult it is to remove from a Quattroporte, but looks very easy on my GT Coupe. Part number is: 202968.
Thanks for the advice.
Yep, 75K and the thing has been remarkably reliable! Never been stranded; minmal amount of warranty work. Actually one of the most reliable cars I've owned - who woulda thought? Just did the second clutch and still on the second brake pads. I do lots of road trip miles though; so that helps a great deal. Lots of tires though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts