Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 06 gs has 6500 miles on it. i got my first service at 5000(due to my schedule) it slipped for the first time at 4000 miles. turned car off and let it sit for about 5 mins. started fine again no slippage. now starting last week during take off in first car vibrates until clutch engages fully. feels like wheel hop. tires arent spinning and last time i heard gs doesn't have a live axle. Also i feel a hesitiation when I get on the gas like a slippage of the drive shaft. Also high pitched squeal when talking off sometimes. I have an appointment to drop the car off to get checked. But I was wondering if anybody could give me some ideas or similar scenarios before i got to the dealer and they make up some sh** that will cost me a bundle because they don't want to do warranty work.(my service is famous for findiing some bs so i have to pay something)

·
Registered
153 Posts
The warrwnty work would be down to Maserati NA to approve. Dealers love it because they get paid by Maserati. On an 06 GS there really shouldnt be an issue - just make sure they give you a loan car while it is fixed.
It could be the thrust bearing - they squeel when they fail and I know the 03 coupes had a problem with them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sounds like it could be a weak F1 pump? That would be a no-questions warranty issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
clutch slippage

I wish I could offer you some advice or solace. I just left my 2004 Spyder at the dealer - my car is a lemon and they have to replace the car. Are you having other problems? Should I let the Maserati people talk me into a 2006 grandsport Spyder or should I get a Porsche again?

·
Registered
681 Posts
MargueriteW said:
I wish I could offer you some advice or solace. I just left my 2004 Spyder at the dealer - my car is a lemon and they have to replace the car. Are you having other problems? Should I let the Maserati people talk me into a 2006 grandsport Spyder or should I get a Porsche again?
Go with the 2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder. Don't let one sour car scare you away, I daily drove my 2002 Spyder with no problems and I have almost 100 Maserati customers these days and many of them do the same, very few have had lemon cars or bad experiences.

Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ahve the same problem

I am having the car looked at on Thursday this week and i will let you know what they find out, I also noticed it about 600 miles also, and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with the car. But now(12500) miles later still ahs teh same noise.

My car is also being looked at for:

1. Lumbar support is no longer working.
2. Washer lamps cover both sides are being replaced
3. Check engine light has been on for more tahn 2 weeks

·
Registered
202 Posts
this definitely sounds more like a F1 Pump problem than a clutch.

i wouldn't worry to much just have the dealer look at it and do not except any charges.

i they come up with some bs, then call Maserati NA guaranty department and tell them your story.

i had to call the head of guarantees some months ago for some stupid thing that the dealer wanted me to pay. at the end Maserati contacted the dealer directly and approved the work

-willie

·
Registered
681 Posts
hmbgransport said:
3. Check engine light has been on for more tahn 2 weeks
Buy an OBDII scanner, costs about $40 for a basic one. You just hook it up to your Maserati and you can read the engine code, look up the code online or call me or your local dealer if you have any problems figuring out what code it is and you can determine if it's serious or not.

It's convenient if your dealer is far, mine is about 300 miles away, 2 out of 3 of my check engine lights have been loose gas caps.

·
Registered
824 Posts
gransport13 said:
Also high pitched squeal when talking off sometimes.
See other threads, this is a moderately common issue with the clutch (uneven plate wear causes noise when engaging in normal mode, not as noticable in sport mode). Mine was covered under warranty at (drumroll) 6,000 miles.

Might also be worth resetting the clutch/CC params. My car is always better (and less slippy) when they do this.

The shaking thing sounds interesting, even when my clutch gets hot and slips I don't get any vibration.

·
Registered
18 Posts
clutch issue

My car is in for new clutch now at 17,500 they say it is toast, slipping alot they say. I noticed more that the car does not engage quickly from start up and makes a squeel noise first as described. Hope not just the clutch and they get it put together and its the pump
still under warranty right now

·
Registered
114 Posts
MVP said:
Buy an OBDII scanner, costs about $40 for a basic one. You just hook it up to your Maserati and you can read the engine code, look up the code online
This sounds interesting: could you please point us to where to get an OBDII scanner and where online to decrypt the codes?

thanks,

- Toffe

·
Registered
681 Posts
Toffe said:
This sounds interesting: could you please point us to where to get an OBDII scanner and where online to decrypt the codes?

thanks,

- Toffe
I honestly don't know if it works on cars outside of the U.S. or euro spec cars but on all cars newer than 96 in the U.S. it works fine because of the OBD II system. Can somebody please chime in and verify whether or not this will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cen-...tegoryZ43998QQihZ001QQitemZ110055723398QQrdZ1

That's the one I have, it comes with a book for most basic codes, for manufacturer specific codes I just call the dealer, you can also google codes and usually pull it up.

Best,

Kevin

·
Registered
635 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts