Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many may find this to be a silly question, but I've been driving manuals my whole life and have never had a clutch go out. I am the proud owner of a 2005 CC Coupe w/ 5600 miles and wanted to know how I will be able to tell when the clutch begins slipping?

When I shift I am hitting the paddle with my foot on the gas, then lightly raising and reengaging when the car moves into the next gear. I notice that occasionally I see a slight increase in RPMs as the shift takes place (even after raising my foot off the gas) and the shift occurs smoothly and without odor :)

Is the above normal? What should I be watching out for? I have searched endlessly and find plenty of threads on slippage, but outside of smell, no other documented "symptoms". Thanks much, loving the car so far!

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's normal. The CC does not rev-match on its own during upshifts.

If the clutch was slipping, you'd notice it while accelerating through 3rd-6th gear (not the slip that happens while shifting).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Don't worry, my friend, when your clutch starts slipping you'll know! It's very easy to notice when taking off uphill, the clutch will screech a bit and then the car will go. Even a slight slope will do it.

I bought my car with 14,000 miles and after a few hundred miles the clutch started slipping. It ended up needing only a software upgrade and it's just fine now.:)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If it's slipping....

You will notice the rpm fluctuating while driving straight down the road at a level speed without changing the throttle position, you will hear it, you will feel it as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts