Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch was 100% worn (but still had pad left) at 22k miles. I had heard that the original clutch was a one piece plate but the dealership said it will be replaced with the same 2 tang type clutch but is a better version of the original. They said the strength of the clutch engagement can be adjusted and they recommend a setting of 5.1 vs a softer version of 4.8. They have experimented with 5.3 but found that it sometimes stalls (I guess it was too aggressive). The cost at the Orange County dealership is $2200.

My car still has the original CC software and never updated to the "so fast" version which the dealership as well as others don't recommend. Even Maserati doesn't require/recommend the "so fast" update anymore. The dealership has even told me that they have bought new ECUs to restore it back to before the "so fast" update since the programming is irreversible.

[/code]

·
Registered
27 Posts
'So fast' update

I have talked to my dealer and the technician about this, and actually, the technician said that they are no longer allowed to install the 'so fast' update. He said it is indeed irreversible, and a lot of those that have been updated before were not so happy about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Transmission Update

Yes, I had recently updated my transmission software. I forgot to ask the name of the update, I'm not aware if it is reversible or not.
So far, I have no more problems regarding the clutch 'slips'. What they also did besides the software update was to widen the gap between the hydraulic system and the clutch engagement system. This will produce more forceful 'suction' of the mechanics, thus prevent the slips.
In either sport or auto mode, it does not bog down by 3k rpm (roughly only 500rpm). I don't see any changes so far with regards to shift speed, power, etc.
There is one minor change that I observed though. The sound produced during shifting is a little milder. It still 'thugs', but not much.
I have a schedule with my dealer at the end of October, and I will inquire about your issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts