Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has the repair manual for the F1 type clutch.

Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Stu...

There is a coupe repair manual running around here on this site. If you do a search for repair manual you will find it... That repair manual will tell you how to do everything you need but you have to have the computer to set up the clutch engagement (kiss) points which costs about 20k.. The job cannot be finished without that piece of hardware and the only ones who can afford it are either the super rich, or the dealer, so in other words the dealer as the super rich won't want to get their hands dirty so they take it to the dealer... It's about a 12 hour job, according to the flat rate manual...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I understand about the SD3 involved. I found a Ferrari mechanic that has the SD3 but has not done any clutch repairs on maserati, just Ferrari. I just wanted to give him the manual so there are no suprises for him.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What about the weighting and balancing the clutch. Doesn't that also take special equipment?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Weighting the clutch...

Stu:
you are more than welcome, anything to help one of my fellow owners....

Sechack:
Yes, you need the right equipment to weight the clutch properly. That's why some of us here have had a new clutch put in and then get it back and feel the clutch vibrating in the car... ... Then some of us have had to take it back in because the clutch failed again in no time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts