Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading about the '02 clutch issues. My question is: How long does the '03 - present cambiocora clutch last? I took my '03 (with 10,600 miles) and they told me the clutch needed to be replaced. Since I bought this used, I'm not sure how the previous owner drove the vehicle. The only main issue that I'm experiencing is a banging noise when the vehicles downshifts into 1st gear. It doesn't happen all of the time. any insight is always appreciated. Besides that, I just love this vehicle.

JAFO

·
Registered
146 Posts
jafo said:
I have been reading about the '02 clutch issues. My question is: How long does the '03 - present cambiocora clutch last? I took my '03 (with 10,600 miles) and they told me the clutch needed to be replaced. Since I bought this used, I'm not sure how the previous owner drove the vehicle. The only main issue that I'm experiencing is a banging noise when the vehicles downshifts into 1st gear. It doesn't happen all of the time. any insight is always appreciated. Besides that, I just love this vehicle.

JAFO

I think it depends on how you drive it. Mine had the clutch wear checked at service recently. 6500 miles and 13% wear, which is pretty good although I'm not convinced it's linear. Service guy said that they have one customer who car is showing 110% wear and it's still going, so I imagine the electronic diagnostics are a bit unreliable! The dealer has a F360F1 customer with 25000 miles on the same clutch which is apparently very unusual, with some going at 3000 miles. So personally I will be please to make 20000 in my coupe as I treat it reasonably well.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I have 14K on my '03. Just had it checked yesterday & the tech pronounced the clutch OK.

Steve

·
Registered
291 Posts
First clutch changed at 60'000km. Today with 112'000km the second is still OK. The mechanic just bring closer the plates by plugin his PC on the car. I drive hard but 90% on highways... Just changed for the first time the front brakes (disks and pads) a few days ago for CHF 3000.00 :shock:

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I had my '04, I did notice the odd clunking sound from the car on downshifting, usually when it was cold outside and the engine hadn't warmed up properly yet.

Personally, I wouldn't change a clutch unless a tech truly inspected it and recommended a change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
WDMinnow
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing