Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you tell the difference?? My car acted up again this time I was lucky I was right next to my house and it didn't cause a nightmare...

So I was driving in fourth gear and then came down to 3 the f1 light kept flashing and I couldn't change gears so I drove it in 3rd gear then it went to neutral then it wouldn't change again I would like to add I didn't feel any slippage at all it was changing gears just fine all along. Is it possible to burn your clutch out fully on a dime without any notification or can this be my pump again??

Thanks guys,
Tommy

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It sounds like pump, the clutch would slip for a while before that point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi

when the gearbox light flashes it means there is no oil pressure for the cambio corsa system normaly means the F1 pumps has given up the ghost or the F1 relay has burnt out which is very compan.
i hope this helps in any way

·
Registered
17 Posts
i don't know crap about mechanics but from experience it certainly sounds like the F1 pump, or something directly related to it. i had 2 F1 pump failures on a 360 years back and that is exactly what happened one of the times... hopefully your car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just got the f1 pump rebuilt like a month ago so its still has warranty from my mechanic taking it there tomorrow I thought it can be my clutch but the symptoms for that from what I heard are different.. I will let you guys know whats up when I get the results.

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK... lots of us had similar problems :(

Though the pump failure could be only a symptom. Generally the fault is with the pump, but there might be other causes to this problem. In my case, after MONTHS of investigations it seems like there was a failure in one of the small pumps within the power unit... the main pump can fail due to overwork caused by some internal leakage either within the power unit or the actuator. Needless to mention that all the parts I have mentioned are hugely expensive, luckily some components can be replaced individually without changing the entire assembly. I replaced a pump only to find out the problem was not solved. so if you're already through the second pump chances are there might be something causing the pump to work to much.

Best practice recommends to substitute the relay when replacing the pump. If this was not done remember to do it this time. Overworking can also be caused by a malfunctioning relay

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So guys here is the update on this... It turned out I had blown out a fuse and thats all that it was how crazy is that?? My guy sent in my pump to have a pressure test and they said the pump was fine so he found out my fuse was blown so no biggie..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts