Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings;

I was reading about clutch issues on owners of Maserati Coupes (according to threads, those with bad luck change it under 10K miles and most seem to change it before the 20K mark) and I was wondering if someone with a GT (Manual) could expect to have the same lifespan on his clutch as someone with a CC (Clutchless manual/Automatic).

Let's assume it's being used 70% hgwy 30% city... (little anti-clutch traffic).

Thanks.

I've driven clutch all my life so driving a manual is not an issue... I have also burned a clutch on a german car and I finally understood why reading this forum: I used to have an inclined driveway and I would always parc the car backing up against the hill... The incline on that was significant though (10-20%)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Gt Coupe

2003 GT Coupe with 19,500 miles clutch still is ok. I am very gentle off of the line and don't jump on the gas until I'm rolling. My drive way is also level
Ron:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
19,500 on gt clutch

All is well with my GT clutch.:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Both the CC and GT use a plain old clutch, no mystery. You can use and abuse either one.

The CC does not let you finesse the clutch quite as much, so it's reasonable to expect a little faster wear all else being equal. But as a longtime manual driver, it works fine for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts