Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last few weeks going through just about every thread on this board and learning as much as I can about the Maser. Have searched through ebay ads, classified ads and dealer websites to get an idea of current pricing on these cars. I have come across an '05 CoupeCC with 2500 miles on it. It has skyhook, nav, sport bucket seats and 19" factory GS wheels on it. It was put in service in 4/05 so I have plenty of factory warranty left. It looks as if I can get it for $75,000. Does this sound like a good deal to all of you? Thanks in advance for any insight and advice.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sounds like a great deal...

I was in a similar situation last June. I bought an 04 CC, all the bells and whistles with a Tubi.

I searched everywhere, and after going back and forth and back and forth, I ended up paying $70,500.00 At the time, I could have gotten a few black ones and one silver coupe with less than 3,000 miles for 68,- 69.5K. However, I just had to have white. I did not think the Tubi mattered, until I heard it.

If you love this particular car and it has everything you want. Buy it. See if they will take $72,500 or $73,000. It never hurts as the demand for these cars is not super hot.

Can you send a picture? I would like to see it with the GS wheels.

Good Luck! CM

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow, does anyone else think that the Maserati coupe residuals have improved since last year? Low miles-less than a year old '04 coupes last year where going for mid to high $60's.
I think you definitely have some room for negotiation as the wholesale prices for this car are in the mid to high $60's.
Just to put things in perspective, I bought my car last year, which was about 8 months old with 5k miles on it fully loaded for $66k from the Maserati of B.H..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STARDOC said:
Wow, does anyone else think that the Maserati coupe residuals have improved since last year? Low miles-less than a year old '04 coupes last year where going for mid to high $60's.
I think you definitely have some room for negotiation as the wholesale prices for this car are in the mid to high $60's.
Just to put things in perspective, I bought my car last year, which was about 8 months old with 5k miles on it fully loaded for $66k from the Maserati of B.H..
Thanks for your input. A few questions though...where do you get your numbers for the wholesale values? I searched but no one listed the 05's? I have searched "similar" 05's across the country and have seen most of them in the $78-82 range so I thought this one at $75 was a decent price (they have come down from $85). Any further thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I spoke to a dealer guy I know who quoted me Adesa auction prices. They not too many '05's sold but it gives you an idea. Did you see the one on Cars.com that was asking $70 for an '05?
Also, I remember last year this time there were only a few '04's in the market all in the high $70k range and when all of a sudden the market got flooded as the trade-ins for the '05 QP and the GS started to come for sale again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Stardoc, Im in Scottsdale, AZ too and looking in to a 04 or 05 Maserati Couple. Have you had any dealings or experience with out Scottsdale Ferrari/Maserati dealership?

From reading through a lot of postings, it seemed like a lot of people were getting 10k-15k off brand new vehicles. So a new GT would list for 80k and a new CC for 90k, but people were guying them for 70k for a GT and 80k for a CC. Does this sound realistic? I'm looking at getting a 2004 or 2005, but if I could get a GT for 70k (plus taxes), I'd rather go that route.

If this is the case, I would think you could get a 2005 for mid to upper 60's tops, and a 2004 for 60-63k. Does this sound right, or am I off in my thinking somewhat? I found a 2004 I like that listed for 67k with 10k miles or so, Im wondering how much this is overpriced, if any. 7k? 4k? 2k? priced right? I'm also guessing prices will continue to drop with a new model out soon, but hard to tell I suppose.

Anyway, any details or information from you or anyone else with recent buying experiences of a coupe (either CC or GT, I'm open) years 2004-2006, I'd be interested.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Maserati Resale Values.

I was recently talking to the dealer and checking out the inventory currently available online.

Last year while the Quatt was gaining steam and the GS was coming out, was the best time to pick up a coupe or spyder. Many people were trading theirs in or selling them to get the newest models. There was a lot of inventory around.

With the success of the Quatt and the positive Maserati exposure in the past 18 months (CNBC Win a Maserati GS game, auto shows, mags. etc.) People are talking about Maserati again. Add to that the mention of the cars in atleast 4 or 5 popular hip hop songs, vidoes and the Sopranos... and you have renewed interest in these cars....

As a current owner of an 04, I think its great but I do not really buy into it. I think the dealers are using it to get better prices period.

I have found a WIDE range of prices for coupes and spyders online. Some seem very expensive given the mileage and some seem WAY too good to be true... There are also some dealers selling cars with title exceptions.

I recommend really doing your research before you buy your coupe. Try to contact as many dealers as possible. Make sure you inspect your car or have someone inspect it before you buy.

I was in your shoes last year this time. I would think you would pay about the same thing this year for an 05 as I did for an 04.

Good Luck CM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
chris7469
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing