Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started inquiring about this in my "welcome to the club" posting, probably the wrong area - apologies to those that did read/respond for repeat posting. I recently purchased an 02 gt coupe, and the clock doesn't run. Lights up just fine, but the motor seems to be dead. The "adjustment" button does nothing, time doesn't change.

I am wondering just how one goes about removal of the clock - I'd like to verify that it is indeed properly plugged in to power, and then perhaps take it to a jeweler or something to try to get it fixed (sounds like a new one is a couple hundred bucks, so I'd love to get this one fixed cheaper if possible).

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I started inquiring about this in my "welcome to the club" posting, probably the wrong area - apologies to those that did read/respond for repeat posting. I recently purchased an 02 gt coupe, and the clock doesn't run. Lights up just fine, but the motor seems to be dead. The "adjustment" button does nothing, time doesn't change.

I am wondering just how one goes about removal of the clock - I'd like to verify that it is indeed properly plugged in to power, and then perhaps take it to a jeweler or something to try to get it fixed (sounds like a new one is a couple hundred bucks, so I'd love to get this one fixed cheaper if possible).

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
I believe the earlier (if not all) 4200 clocks have a battery in them

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would also like to know if there is an easy way to remove the clock as I would like to gold leaf the chrome surround.
I think you can get to get if you remove the info centre screen - is that right?

My clock stops when I disconnect the battery so must be powered from the car electrical system.

-David-

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
OK.. Take this for what it's worth but when I removed my nav/radio display I THINK I saw the rear of the clock as I was messing around in there. Like everything in this car, I'm pretty sure it will push out from behind. Removing the screen requires 2 small flat blade screwdrivers (or removal tools) on the sides and a fair amount of force. If I'm wrong, I'll do a shot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts