Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
go to your dealer to upgrade a "cold engine start" program.
after that, your engine shuld be fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What your actually hearing are the camshaft lifters. The reason they click when cold is a majority of the oil has drained off of them. As the car warms up and oil is spread throughout the motor, the lifters quiet down.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clicking sound on my coupe was diagnosed to be a bad belt. It was replaced by the ferrari/ maserati dealership at no charge. The car is running sweet. I have been very impressed by the quality and level of care by my dealership.

·
Registered
909 Posts
a reply from minneapolis

We have found that most of our cars get the lifter tick when they have been outside in the cold for a few hours. They will also do it if they have been sitting for a period of time as well (regardless of temp). Just letting them warm up always does the trick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2002 coupe had this problem after any run for more than an hour or two. We have extremely long and hot summers where I live in Australia. Dealer replaced lifters under warranty which failed to solve problem then replaced std oil with 10w/60 and never had any problems since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Anthony
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing