1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had it on prior car for 2 years and no problems before selling the vehicle. Of course where I did get a rock chip is where the film was not.

Just had it put on my 09 QP. No reason not to do it unless you don't like seeing the line across the hood. In my estimation... a minimal issue compared to the benefits.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had it on my car for 4 years now, and it's finally starting to age: bubling, fading and peeling. Otherwise, it did its job of protecting the covered areas from chips and scratches.

Good investment.
Thanks, what brand did you use and are you going to remove it?

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have used Ultra Shield (3M) on 2 Maserati's, 6 Lexi. It's great, it is expensive; but be sure you have an experienced installer--makes all the difference.
RWS
2006 GranSport LE Rosso Mondiale

·
Registered
722 Posts
It all depends on your driving conditions - I live at the bottom of a hill that contains a gravel quarry. My clear bra has saved the hood paint many times over two years.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would like to know pros and cons of this? I am considering for hood area.
Mine covers the first 25% or so from the front of the car up, barely noticeable. It was put on new in '04 and, other then where it's made the neccessary sacrifices, it's still nearly flawless. Get behind one semi throwing up micro debris from the road and you can hear the value of the investment. Definitely get it.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I got my wife a clear bra.. Went on easy, hard to remove.. Wait, are we talking about cars?
I think it has to put on by a professional to be of sure of easy removal later....:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience. I have a black GS spyder, If the paint is properly prepped prior to install are swirl marks, etc. minimized/eliminated on areas covered by the film?
In addition to the facias, rockers, and wheel lips I am considering doing the entire hood (as mentioned in this thread). I think it would drive me nuts if swirl marks developed and I couldn't do anything about it. Also wondering if you know how to extend the life of the film? What does the most damage, heat, cold, elements or just time. I live in MI and it is just a weekend toy, covered and garaged when not in use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had mine for two years and no issues. I was told that this would be a 3-4 year thing when I did mine. The materials used today are significantly better than what was available even two years ago. I will always have one on my coupe.

·
5,887 Posts
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience. I have a black GS spyder, If the paint is properly prepped prior to install are swirl marks, etc. minimized/eliminated on areas covered by the film?
In addition to the facias, rockers, and wheel lips I am considering doing the entire hood (as mentioned in this thread). I think it would drive me nuts if swirl marks developed and I couldn't do anything about it. Also wondering if you know how to extend the life of the film? What does the most damage, heat, cold, elements or just time. I live in MI and it is just a weekend toy, covered and garaged when not in use.
In addition to everything from the windshield forward, I would also suggest covering the mirros and paint at the training edge of wheel wells.

For regular care, just wash and wax as you would normally.

I don't know for sure but I suspect the greatest enemy of protection film is extended periods of sitting in sunlight.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts