Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Long time lurker first time poster. I just purchase a maserati GT from Tampa and was given an estimate for the clear bra (895) and tinting (300). Is the dealer asking too much or is this the average price? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
118 Posts
Depends on how much of each you are having applied and who the manufacturer of both are.

BTW, make sure the installer is capable or it will be far more expensive than stated.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hello guys,
Long time lurker first time poster. I just purchase a maserati GT from Tampa and was given an estimatre for the clear bra (895) and tinting (300). Is the dealer asking too much or is this the average price? Thanks in advance
That's a reasonable cost for clear if it includes the front third of your hood.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Agree 110%

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have the clear bra and I just love it, no chips no worries, the car came with it and it might be one of the main initial improvements you can do to protect your purchase and I said protect 'cause it isn't investment anymore. Also do the 3M clear tape on your mirrors, you'll love it.
Good luck and congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all of the replies...seems like a great community. I called the dealer and he said that they cover 1/3 of the hood and part of the mirrors. I'm going to pull the trigger...picking up the car this weekend. I'm excited!

·
Registered
4 Posts
tell the dealer you want a larger portion of the hood covered. if he tells you he can't do it find someone else because he is not an experienced installer. check on
www.m3post.com and www.ferrarichat.com and look for reccomendations on installers in the regional forums. dealers tend to use hacks. there are custome kits out there for the car. i went with 50% coverage on my m3 and wish i went the full hood. eliminates the line......

·
Registered
402 Posts
My dealer wanted 1295, I found the guy who does it for them, he did it for 595. Front 1/3rd, mirrors, and door edges. 3M. did a GREAT job.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks to all of the replies...seems like a great community. I called the dealer and he said that they cover 1/3 of the hood and part of the mirrors. I'm going to pull the trigger...picking up the car this weekend. I'm excited!
I did the entire front end of my car - bumper/nose cone/lip, hood and fenders all the way up to the windshield and side doors, mirrors, door handles and cups, side rocker panels, rear apron, and rear fender wells. My reasoning was to think about where the potential for damage is greatest and apply.

·
Registered
225 Posts
What about just the very front?

I want to protect the front bumper up to the edge of the hood on my Coupe. I can't quite wrap my head around covering anything larger than that with something I can't polish (my car's black so it looks best when it's shiny).

Any idea how much that would cost?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I want to protect the front bumper up to the edge of the hood on my Coupe. I can't quite wrap my head around covering anything larger than that with something I can't polish (my car's black so it looks best when it's shiny).

Any idea how much that would cost?
You can and should polish the clear bra. Talk w/ a clear bra installation person and they will tell you that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts