Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might have read in my previous posts, I just bought a superb 90th anniversary Spyder.

Any recommendations on how to clean the hood without damaging it or fading its color?

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was confused by the term "hood". Assume you are referring to the convertible top. If so, there is a company called 303 that is best known for their aerospace rubber/plastic protectant, but they also make a convertible top cleaner. Google "303 Convertible top" and you will find it in no time. All of the 303 products are great, but with any product you should test in a small area to make sure it's safe. I have not tried it on a Maserati top but used it on a Z3 top and it worked great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Peterp!

This is what I meant.

I will get 303 products today.

I was confused by the term "hood". Assume you are referring to the convertible top. If so, there is a company called 303 that is best known for their aerospace rubber/plastic protectant, but they also make a convertible top cleaner. Google "303 Convertible top" and you will find it in no time. All of the 303 products are great, but with any product you should test in a small area to make sure it's safe. I have not tried it on a Maserati top but used it on a Z3 top and it worked great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 more problem!

I am in Hong Kong & they have no retailers there. Would you know other brands that could do the trick properly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
autoglym has a complete convertible soft top kit. cleaner and protectant.
works very well. if not, just go to BMW or Porsche and they have similar products.

so you are in hk? did they have 3 of the 90th anniversary spyders in total?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello franck188,

i guessed u came fm hk ...it's true! your GS 90th anniversary spyder looks great in the site, i believe it must look stunning in person. according to my memory, including you, there're 4 maserati owners fm hk surfing on this site. enjoy the ride!
cheers,
dmc

·
Registered
47 Posts
Even in the US, it's typically necessary to mail order 303 or Autoglym because they aren't easy to find at retail stores -- I'm sure some of the mail order suppliers will ship to HK. This writeup in the link below (no affiliation) provides some interesting detail about top types and protection. It happens to be about 303, but Autoglym products are typically very good as well:

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/303aerproton.html

M!'s suggestion of going to BMW or Porsche dealer is probably easiest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for your help guys.

All web info claim that only 4 cars were shipped to Hong Kong.

The Maserati dealer here told me there were 6.

The sales guy might be wrong, 4 is not a good number here (means DEATH).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts